FT gremlin / LB gremlin 3d printed Frame

Lostboycc

Hey, i just wanted to post this here to spread the word that there are frames on thingiverse for printing. this is my frame I am working on it every day and updateing it.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2291806 GL Gremlin.png

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hello and welcome to Flite test.

Neat design concept mate. Maybe you could tell us a little about yourself and what you do in the hobby. Or what brought you to designing stuff like that. Its nice knowing who people are and finding common interests or ideas.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yes please, just as Psyborg requested. Also, maybe you could include any builds you've done, especially with your designed frame.

Welcome to the forum Lostboycc.
—Jim

AudioFox

I'd like to edit this frame a bit if that's cool. My kit arrives today and would be awesome to have a sweet new frame for it eventually haha

Ajaxster

Cool frame! One of the very reasons I'm looking to get a 3d printer this summer but I'll settle for TJ's frame for now :D

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I like this design but after looking closer at it I would make one change. Rotate that prop guard 90 degrees. To me it looks like an impact would allow that to flex in and strike the props easier then if it weres rotated 90 degrees and more like a bumper with the heavier "Beam" across the front. Not sure how that would effect the FPV view but you can always relocate the camera a bit.

Lostboycc

Well, I'm just beginning to get into RC I have a wizard and I'm loving it so far I have 4 years of cad design experience. I don't have a germline kit yet but I plan to get one soon and can't wait till I do I love my one and want to be able to practice on a smaller one. I have printed out a frame and it looks great for the prop guard moving it to point forward I don't belive it will be pushed into the props there is enough clearance and there is very little flex in the arms. they are much stronger then they look.

Lostboycc

Well, I'm just beginning to get into RC I have a wizard and I'm loving it so far I have 4 years of cad design experience. I don't have a germline kit yet but I plan to get one soon and can't wait till I do I love my one and want to be able to practice on a smaller one. I have printed out a frame and it looks great for the prop guard moving it to point forward I don't believe it will be pushed into the props there is enough clearance and there is very little flex in the arms. they are much stronger than they look. If you would like to see another variation I would like to hear some other input for what you want to see in a design. I am not able to figure out why my pictures won't upload. is there file size limit?

Last edited:

Lostboycc

I like the design it is very similar to the qwav210. There is one thing I maybe would recommend doing though if you print the standoffs and just use a small wood screw it works great and is very simple and cheap not to mention very stronge. there is also very little chance of the screws stripping because thy are larger sockets.

Bromego

I like the design it is very similar to the qwav210. There is one thing I maybe would recommend doing though if you print the standoffs and just use a small wood screw it works great and is very simple and cheap not to mention very stronge. there is also very little chance of the screws stripping because thy are larger sockets.

I just use M3 nylon standoffs. Works like a dream and lighter then metal screws.

Ronj

Do you find PLA holds up well enough or do you print with another material? I guess you can reprint any parts that break, but I hope that would only be required for the real hard smacks.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I printed this out and have my Gremlin nearly ready to go... I need to figure out a short issue that has a motor twitching.

This frame holds it all well with enough space, and goes together without a hitch!

my only add would be a built in camera mount.

GREAT JOB!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Motor twitch fixed! Thanks again for the Frame this thing is really nice, very visible in RED. strong and Durable.

GremlinBuildFoamyDM.JPG

In this is it in flight:

-FoamyDM