Help! Ft Gremlin Power Pack G V2 issues

Salmonslaya

Can anybody help me with the wiring diagram For the 4 in 1 stackable ESC and flight controller? I cannot find any literature or build videos to assist in this, the version one is the only video I can find on flight test. Any help would be greatly appreciated I really want to get this thing up in the air but I don't want to smoke her 1st.
20191125_201427.jpg
20191125_201350.jpg

Grind

I fought with mine, and broke down and bought another stack from someplace else (sorry, I'm a few cocktails into the long weekend). That made it easy to get it done.

FDS

Elite member
Motor numbers are determined by the orientation. Put the ESC and FC down, FC has an arrow for the forward direction, then get the motors to match this.
8E6DA1A2-84C1-4F24-B3F3-7CBDBC050B12.jpeg

The ABC part is the motor phases, I start with them wired so the 3 wires are flat from the motor to the quad. You will have to change some of them have when you get to the test phase, as they need to match the rotation direction above. I just change any two wires at the ESC pad on motors that are going the wrong way.

Grind

I laid all the motor wires flat, like FDS said. But I changed motor direction through BLheli. I think I only had to change one, though.

Salmonslaya

You guys are awesome! Thank.tou so much for y'alls continued input! I'm going to whip the soldering out this long weekend and hopefully I can put a "SOLVED" stamp on this thread but any more input on these gremlins would be greatly appreciated!!!👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Salmonslaya

Motor numbers are determined by the orientation. Put the ESC and FC down, FC has an arrow for the forward direction, then get the motors to match this.
View attachment 149253
The ABC part is the motor phases, I start with them wired so the 3 wires are flat from the motor to the quad. You will have to change some of them have when you get to the test phase, as they need to match the rotation direction above. I just change any two wires at the ESC pad on motors that are going the wrong way.
Thank you!

Reactions: FDS

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I haven't messed with the new V2 Gremlins but they should be the same as setting up any other quad. I did a how to soldering turtorial as well as documented my last race quad build that you could reference to give you an idea of the process and general techniques. Then as you get into it come back here with more specific questions or guidance needs.

As for the original Gremlin I still rip mine all over the place. Just did this flight a few days ago when we had a short warm spell. I have trouble keeping my faster quads at a steady altitude so I decided to practice super low flying trying to hit leaves on the ground while flying as fast as the gremlin would go on current set up. This thing is STILL a blast to fly.

this one is a vid I made last year and if you look at the trees and flags you can see how windy it was and see how stable these little beasties can be.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
@Salmonslaya If you invert the rear motors that puts the props in better alignment. It also saves the rear motors and props in hard crashes. You usually end up in a forward tumble and with them under slung they are very protected. thats how I did my Gremlin. I even used slightly taller stand offs to get the prop line even closer. This is the earliest version. Its evolved a bit. I need to get updated pics for this one.

CF 1.jpg
CF 1.jpg