Ft gremlin

Morgan

So I got my gremlin flying and was buzzing it around the lawn and had a small crash now nothing will come on no light on the FC or rx and the escs won't finish booting up. But as soon as i plug it in every thing is fine except the rx still won't come on and I have no idea what is up.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
First check the condition of the wires, solder joints and connectors on the FC and Rx. If that's all good, check that the FC is putting out 5V to the Rx. If the voltage is fine, your Rx is probably toast. If the voltage is off, the regulator on the FC is probably toast.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I would guess the regulator on the FC is fried. The simple solution is to replace the FC. You may be able to get a tiny BEC but that's added weight and space.

Morgan

I would guess the regulator on the FC is fried. The simple solution is to replace the FC. You may be able to get a tiny BEC but that's added weight and space.
Thet was my conclusion to it just sucks tho have to spend a nother 23 bucks on it.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
There might be some vids on YouTube, but it's pretty simple. The pins on the plug are labeled on the page you linked, PWM1 2 3 4 are motor 1 2 3 4. Cut to length, solder and shrink tube. The real trick will be getting the right cable. I have a similar knockoff that uses a 6 pin JST-SH female to female, but check with your vendor to be sure.