FT Guinea Pig and a DX9

captron360

My Guinea Pig has different motor speeds. Is there a way to match them with a DX9? Can you use 2 throttle curves?
They both start the same at low throttle settings but as I add power one speeds up more than the other.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gregp

Are motors and ESCs identical? People with more experience will know better but i think it will be hard to match two different motors/ESCs with throttle curve.

In my mini guinea both throttle and power are connected using Y-harness. For throttle i removed one of the RED wires to not supply power from to BECs to receiver.

I suggest calibrating your throttle and checking all soldering joints.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
If you haven't done the esc throttle calibration I suggest that. first you power up your radio with the throttle at full. power the plane up and you should hear some beeps. Once they stop you will bring your throttle down to the bottom. More beeps should be produced and you have now calibrated your escs so in theory they should work the same.

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
If you haven't done the esc throttle calibration I suggest that. first you power up your radio with the throttle at full. power the plane up and you should hear some beeps. Once they stop you will bring your throttle down to the bottom. More beeps should be produced and you have now calibrated your escs so in theory they should work the same.

Agreed, however one small step missed...

REMOVE PROPS FIRST!

I have done this procedure many many times and never had the props spin up, but you never should do any tweaking with powering the motors and the props on.

mjmccarron

The DX9 uses an offset in mixing that may need to be addressed. Watch your throttle channels on the monitor page. If they advance at different rates, this can bee adjusted with the offset in the mixing menu.

Mike

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
MJMCCARRON has a good point. Make sure that trim is turned on in the throttle to AUX mix and that they are both moving identically.

captron360

Thank you all for the reply !! I'll check the throttle calibration. I don't know how to have 2 throttle curves with the DX9. I just can't seem to figure that one out

captron360

The mixing has identical numbers. As I move the throttle up they both go from -130 to +100 and are exact no matter where the throttle stick is. I'll let you know how the calibration goes. Yes I will remove the props. Thanks again all

captron360

After calibrating and checking the radio, the 2 motors are the same from off to full throttle!!! Now I have one more issue. Full left rudder brings the right motor to full throttle as it should. Full right rudder brings the left motor to about 1/2 power even though the radio has identical numbers.
Maybe it's miss matched motors? This one has me stumped. I'll just do flat spins in one direction LOL. and let the throttle thing go.
Again Thank you all happy landings and have a happy holiday season.

mjmccarron

Mixing throttle and rudder for a twin setup requires 3 mixes. 1.) Throttle to Aux (whatever you're using for the second throttle) 2.) Rudder to Throttle, and 3.) Rudder to Aux. Again, use the monitor screen to watch how each channel responds to inputs. My guess is that you have missed a setting in one of the last two mixes or have a trim active.
Hope this helps,
Mike

captron360

Here is something I just don't get. Switch "D" has to be in the correct position for everything to work. I am not using switch "D" for anything with this set up. I moved the switch to a different position and now everything is working just fine.
I found out by accident, I just happen to hit that switch now everything is working the way it should.
Thanks again Mike

mjmccarron

I was looking around in my DX9 and found that switch "D" is assigned to Aux1 (Ch6) by default. If you go into System Settings - Channel Assignments and go to the second page (click the "Next" in the lower right corner), you can scroll down to ch6 and assign it to "Inh" This makes Ch6 controlled only by the mix. You can still assign switch "D" to other functions like flight mode or D/R but Ch6 won't be affected by switch position anymore. I use "D" for D/R setups. Happy to help out whenever I can.

Mike

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
It would be nice if Spektrum included the Diff motor type option in the model setup and allow rudder or aileron as the choice, then the mix would be already made and ready for tweaking. At one time I had it figured it out, then realized I didn't need it for FPV.

Justin