FT Guinea Pig - BUILD

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

After the HUGE success of the FT Mini Guinea we have decided to release it's big brother, the FT Guinea Pig!
If you'd like to build one of these with us you can download the plans below, trace them out on foamboard and get cutting!
FREE PLANS

Or if you would like to support us (and save yourself a ton of time) you can pick up a Speed Build Kit!
guineabuild-2-png_1424198401.jpg

For the first time ever we can say that if you need a solution for your electronics, WE HAVE THEM!!
We now offer Power Packs directly from us, so no more scouring the internet for your parts!
If are are picking up a Speed Build Kit there is also an option to include the required Power Pack. It will automatically add it to your total.
guineabuild-3-png_1424198505.jpg

So now that you can EASILY and SIMPLY get your electronics, you'll need to put them to good use!
For this twin you will need to build two Power Pods. If you've never built one of our swappable kits before, the Power Pod is a quick way to move your electronics from kit to kit.
The entire pod can be removed and slotted into another swappable. No need to buy multiple electronics.
We recommend building the two Power Pods first. You can see the Power Pod build video below!
your ready to begin![/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-5-png_1424198523.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]First we'll work on the wings.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-6-png_1424198439.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Step one is to cut a double bevel. Use a boxcutter or razorblade to cut a little beyond a 45° angle on both the aileron...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-7-png_1424198541.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]...and the leading edge. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-8-png_1424198550.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]To join the wing halves start with a small piece of tape just to hold them together...[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-9-png_1424198467.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]...then apply a larger piece of packing tape across the center. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-10-png_1424198571.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Now when you flip the wing over there is a hinge. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif][IMG]http://assets.flitetest.com/article_images/medium/guineabuild-11-png_1424198485.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=sans-serif]Fill that hinge with some hot glue

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
We need printable plans that can be printed to fit normal printers at print shops .Nic Hellllllp....

I am working on getting these optimized for 20X30 (standard DTFB) sheets and re-tiled. I hope to have them done by tonight. I will post the link here and in the Plans area of the forums when I have them done. Stay tuned.

91shadowrider

I am working on getting these optimized for 20X30 (standard DTFB) sheets and re-tiled. I hope to have them done by tonight. I will post the link here and in the Plans area of the forums when I have them done. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the help guys! The Flite test community is awesome!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Rearranged FT Guinea Pig Plans

File contains Full-size and tiled plans, plus a drawing key.

Page 1 - Drawing Key
Pages 2-6 - Full-Size - 34x22 sheets (all parts fit to 30x20 area on the full-size sheets)
Pages 7-44 - Tiled - 7.5x10.5 sheets (will print to US Letter or A4 size paper without scaling issues)

Print at 100% scale for full-size and tiled versions. In/mm scale included on each sheet to verify size.

Any and all feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated. I plan on doing other FT plans in this format in the future.

Last edited:

ClearSkiesCalmWinds

Outstanding SP0NZ! As always. I wonder WHY have they (FT) stopped put out their plans in the 20x30 format. They did early on. It seems to be what EVERYONE is always asking for. But they don't revert back to it.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Outstanding SP0NZ! As always. I wonder WHY have they (FT) stopped put out their plans in the 20x30 format. They did early on. It seems to be what EVERYONE is always asking for. But they don't revert back to it.

This is just my guess. They (Josh B) have to optimize the design to be cut on the laser and "planked" for shipping. That process involves a lot of manual massaging of the data. Breaks need to be added to keep the pieces connected to the sheet. Score folds need to be strategically positioned to coincide with plank folds. I'm sure there is more. It would take even more time for them to re-arrange everything for those of use who want to use the free plans. While they are not optimal, the plans they provide do work.

Saini_boyz

Page 1 - Drawing Key
Pages 2-6 - Full-Size - 34x22 sheets (all parts fit to 30x20 area on the full-size sheets)
Pages 7-44 - Tiled - 7.5x10.5 sheets (will print to US Letter or A4 size paper without scaling issues)

Print at 100% scale for full-size and tiled versions. In/mm scale included on each sheet to verify size.

Any and all feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated. I plan on doing other FT plans in this format in the future.

Thank you.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Awesome video guys.

If I may make one criticism... You may want to offer and show a different method of cutting your bevels. I realize that you say "Normally you never want to cut towards yourself..." But the problem is Monkey See Monkey Do. Eventually one of your younger builders, or someone with less experience handling sharp tools is going to cut themselves mimicking your style of cutting bevels, especially if they are using that retractable Samurai blade Peter has.

Just a thought.

I don't mean to make it all about a negative though... great work on the new plane, the review and the build video. You guys always knock it out of the park.

:)

Saini_boyz

Page 1 - Drawing Key

SP0NZ the plans are just awsome, thank you.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
SP0NZ the plans are just awsome, thank you.

You are welcome. Glad I could help some of you guys out with these.

None of this would be possible without Flite Test releasing these great free plans. Thanks Flite Test.

Chrisroy510

OK tUOTE=SP0NZ;173792]Rearranged FT Guinea Pig Plans

Page 1 - Drawing Key

Any and all feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated. I plan on doing other FT plans in this format in the future.[/QUOTE]

OK starting off with thank you for doing this, but I am new to this so do I go to a print shop like staples or something and tell them exactly what u have here? Like 2-6 full size 34x22 and so on and the 100% thing? Sorry I'm so unsure about it just hopping It will be easier than putting 50 some sheets together. Thank you so much hope to hear from you soon!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
...Like 2-6 full size 34x22 and so on and the 100% thing?

Yes. If you want the full-size plans only, then print pages 2-6 (5 sheets total) at 100% scale on 34x22 sheets.

Last edited:

Chrisrohrer

Just a quick tip that find works great... Instead of skinny BBQ skewers for the wing tie downs, I use chopsticks !! They are becoming available for free anywhere you can get sushi !!

Let me know what you think :))

nevenelestate

No Agenda FPV
**EDIT - I just realized you meant plans as in dimensions for making your own.

It mounts in the same area as the Mini Guinea. In the build video they use the FT battery mount with the velcro straps, see OP.

guineabuild-104-png_1424199413.jpg

around 1 hour 12 mins into the build video.
http://youtu.be/S6q7oB2BGt0?t=1h12m4s

Last edited: