• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Solved Ft Guinea Twin Uneven Thrust

Hello,
This winter I built a Guinea twin and tried to set it up without differential thrust; however, when I went to throttle up one of the motors spun faster than the other somewhat considerably. Both ESCs(from the twin power pack C) are plugged into the same channel on my radio(FLYSKY FS-i6X) with a y harness and they are both powered with the same battery through a Y harness so they should be getting the same voltage. Would anybody know what might be causing this because I'm completely lost. Any help would be wonderful as I can't wait to get it into the air!

Thank you! I'll try that in a bit but do you know if the flite test ESCs have instructions online somewhere on how to do that because they didn't come with any.

Thank you! I'll try that in a bit but do you know if the flite test ESCs have instructions online somewhere on how to do that because they didn't come with any.
Remove the props for safety!
With the plane off and the transmitter on, set throttle to maximum
Power on the plane. The ESCs will do their usual power-on tone followed by a few beeps
When the beeps stop, move the throttle to minimum
The ESCs should beep again and return to their usual functionality, now with the throttle ranges calibrated.

It's not necessary to calibrate each ESC individually - in fact, you've got a better shot doing both at once since both ESCs will be seeing the exact same signal.

Yeah, my first instinct was to say calibrate ESCs. Double check to ensure both motor KV are the same too. I flew one plane with a 2700 kv on one side and a 2100kv on the other and it was fun! It wasn't that terrible, but it caused the issue you describe. The motors looked the same, but they weren't!

WillL84

Remove the props for safety!
With the plane off and the transmitter on, set throttle to maximum
Power on the plane. The ESCs will do their usual power-on tone followed by a few beeps
When the beeps stop, move the throttle to minimum
The ESCs should beep again and return to their usual functionality, now with the throttle ranges calibrated.

It's not necessary to calibrate each ESC individually - in fact, you've got a better shot doing both at once since both ESCs will be seeing the exact same signal.
Thanks for this, need to do this on my Legacy. Shame there was no mention of this in the build videos