Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Legacy (Founders Plane) - FT Legacy

FT Legacy
The Founders Plane

Design By: Josh Bixler
Plans By: Dan Sponholz​

Description:
The FT Legacy was inspired by the Telelmaster. This was the plane that had the most impact on my personal growth as a pilot along with a legacy of its own. The Telemaster has been a workhorse for many years, from flying cables over valleys to dropping candy for kids, this plane has been celebrated for not only...​

Read more about this resource...

PoorManRC

Master member
Thank You so much for this!! I can't WAIT to build one. I promised myself that I was going to Buy the SB Kit. I'm poor as Dirt and Disabled, but as soon as I can afford it, I feel compelled to do SOMETHING to give back to you guys, who have MADE my long time Dream of RC Flight, a reality!!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Does this plane dual engine fly kind of like a horizon hobby timber?

It's not quite as aerobatic in the 3D sense, but it is a very capable aerobatic platform if you know the limitations. The twin CAN hover if you have some 3D experience, but it really isn't designed for it. If you're talking about the STOL potion then I would say it is very similar. The thing jumps off the ground.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Could someone please post which plans file is for what? Thank you!

AIO = All-In-One: Includes all 3 (Full-Size, Tiled A-Size, and Tiled B-Size) plan sizes in one file
FS = Full-Size: 34 x 22 non-tiled plans (fits ANSI D and ISO A1, requires a large format plotter)
*TA = Tiled A-Size: 7.5 x 10.5 tiled plans (fits US letter (ANSI A) and ISO A4, standard size home printer)
TB = Tiled B-Size: 10.5 x 15 tiled plans (fits US Ledger (ANSI B) and ISO A3, requires a larger format printer)
*If you still do not know what size you should print, use A-Size.

KarlBeers

I was looking on the "store" site, for ( tiled A ) plans for the Legacy single engine build. Did not see them. Are they not available?

Laca012

I also kindly would like to ask details of the landing gear.
Would be nice some dimension of the aluminium plate and the size of the wheels..
Thanks indeed.

Battery800

Elite member
I’m trying a tri-motor design, how would I attach the two that are connected with a Y harness to the single at the front? Do I use another Y harness?

Laca012

I used 2 separate channel (ch3,ch5) for my twin motors and I adjusted rudder mix / aileron mix and each can activate/deactivate by toggle switches. You can not imagine after I did that, how much better control I got.
If I once want to make 3motors version I definatelly will use another separate channel (e.g. ch6 ) and the middle (nose) motor will controlled directly by throttle, but another two on the wings are will be at least throttle+rudder mixed or better if throttle+rudder+aileron mixed..

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I’m trying a tri-motor design, how would I attach the two that are connected with a Y harness to the single at the front? Do I use another Y harness?
Awesome! After I crash my kitfox beyond repair, I want to build a Tri-motor legacy! Post pictures of your progress - I want to see how it turns out!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I used 2 separate channel (ch3,ch5) for my twin motors and I adjusted rudder mix / aileron mix and each can activate/deactivate by toggle switches. You can not imagine after I did that, how much better control I got.
If I once want to make 3motors version I definatelly will use another separate channel (e.g. ch6 ) and the middle (nose) motor will controlled directly by throttle, but another two on the wings are will be at least throttle+rudder mixed or better if throttle+rudder+aileron mixed..
So would that be like the front motor 100% throttle, and then the two back mixed would read 100% thr - 75% thr or something like that? And then just set up mixes for differential?