FT Legacy (Founders Plane)

FT Legacy (Founders Plane) 1.1

Battery800

Elite member
I used 2 separate channel (ch3,ch5) for my twin motors and I adjusted rudder mix / aileron mix and each can activate/deactivate by toggle switches. You can not imagine after I did that, how much better control I got.
If I once want to make 3motors version I definatelly will use another separate channel (e.g. ch6 ) and the middle (nose) motor will controlled directly by throttle, but another two on the wings are will be at least throttle+rudder mixed or better if throttle+rudder+aileron mixed..
So for me, since I am assuming you use a futaba, that would be 1 and 5 channels for me. But how would I use channel 5 since it only a 2 pos switch? Or are you saying I use differential thrust with the rudder?

PropHawk

I’ll just hold off on the legacy then until I get a better radio system. Maybe a dx8e or something like that

I may be wrong but i want to help if possible. If you duplicate throttle on channels 5 and 6 in mixer and add Rudder to those inputs with 30-40% weight, would that work?

I'm hoping to build a 3 motor fpv long range pusher soon so I've been running these types ideas through my head lately. This is the best mixing config I've came up with. That is saying a lot about my thought process. Please understand I'm an amateur with no formal electronic, aviation or engineering training so this is purely what I came up with by reading and a lot of trial and error building RC models of all types.

Battery800

Elite member
I may be wrong but i want to help if possible. If you duplicate throttle on channels 5 and 6 in mixer and add Rudder to those inputs with 30-40% weight, would that work?

I'm hoping to build a 3 motor fpv long range pusher soon so I've been running these types ideas through my head lately. This is the best mixing config I've came up with. That is saying a lot about my thought process. Please understand I'm an amateur with no formal electronic, aviation or engineering training so this is purely what I came up with by reading and a lot of trial and error building RC models of all types.
I’m still new as well

Battery800

Elite member
I’m still new as well

I don’t think it would work since the mixes would affecting both channels at the same time I think

Battery800

Elite member
NOOOO
I just saw that its discontinued!
Is that a first for ft planes? I hope that it's reborn in maker foam because I don't have a way to get the wood. Maybe they can make a kit with the landing gear and wood parts?