FT Legacy Scratch build help

AtthosTheGreat

Hello! I've been watching flite test for a few months now and decided to build my own Twin FT Legacy. I'm almost done and waiting to receive my electronics. However, I have 2 problems that I don't know how to solve.
1) I don't know how big the landing gear should be. I am building the FT Legacy from the free plans but I can't find the dimensions of the landing gear anywhere. Does anyone have an FT Legacy and is willing to measure the landing gear?
2) In the Build Video, Josh says he prefers the twin variant without dihedral. I am worried no dihedral will make the plane hard to fly for a beginner such as myself. Is the Keel/Pendulum Effect enough to stabilize the plane since this is a high wing plane or should I build it with dihedral?

Any help would be appreciated. I can't wait to fly it but I think it's best if I practice on a simulator in the beginning. Fixing is expensive and takes a lot of time.

Bifi.baarlo

My landing gear is 220mm wide and 100mm high, the twin with the straight wing is pretty stable and not much more difficult to fly than the single motor version.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
The landing gear in the video looks like a prefab set that you would buy from amazon etc, probably carry them at the Flitetest store, here is the description line to search for on Amazon

25-40 Class Landing Gear w/Foam Wheel and Hardware DIY Kit for RC Cessna Plane (1-Set)

AtthosTheGreat

My landing gear is 220mm wide and 100mm high, the twin with the straight wing is pretty stable and not much more difficult to fly than the single motor version.
Thank you for the measurements! When you say 220mm wide and 100mm do you mean like in the picture, on the frontal view? Also, how wide should I make each leg at the bottom? It probably doesn't matter but I don't want to make a very heavy landing gear or a very thin one. As for the wing, I'll probably just build the straight one and hope it's not too hard to fly.

Landing gear dimensions.png

Bifi.baarlo

Thank you for the measurements! When you say 220mm wide and 100mm do you mean like in the picture, on the frontal view? Also, how wide should I make each leg at the bottom? It probably doesn't matter but I don't want to make a very heavy landing gear or a very thin one. As for the wing, I'll probably just build the straight one and hope it's not too hard to fly.

View attachment 201002
Yes, I mean like in the picture, my landing gear is thin, but made of strong and light metal.