FT Legacy

epiper93

Burning question, I got the legacy kit, built it as a twin. Tested motors multiple times. No problems. Took it off to fly it. Right motor pulled way harder than left. It flew, and quite frankly not too bad for the situation. Then it seemed great. Not until I slowed it down could I notice it pulling hard to the right again. Landed fine all was well. I can promise you she’s built square and true and I didn’t NOT have differential thrust enabled during this bout of trouble. I removed my battery and noticed it only had 7% left 😳. It’s a brand new (albeit cheap) lipo from Amazon. A “Youme Power.” 3300mah 4S 50c flying with both powerpack C’s with 35 amp ESC’s, and lastly 9x4.5 props. My question is, is it possible that a 50C rating isn’t high enough for that setup? Thanks in advance for the help.

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I can not comment on the c rating but for the pairing of twin motors things to check would be that both props are the same and that the letters on each are facing forward. and then to have both esc's calibrated. those are the first things id check for unequal thrust in case you havent thought of or tried either of those yet

epiper93

I can not comment on the c rating but for the pairing of twin motors things to check would be that both props are the same and that the letters on each are facing forward. and then to have both esc's calibrated. those are the first things id check for unequal thrust in case you havent thought of or tried either of those yet
Thanks for the reply man!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The battery should be fine. I’d calibrate the esc’s - that sounds like it’s the issue. With everything powers off, take off the props, then put the throttle to the full position and turn the radio on. Then power in the plane. Wait a few seconds while the motors make some beeping s sounds, and when they are done, return the throttle to the zero position. Then try it again - the motors should be pulling the same.