FT Master Series C-47/DC-3 (60 inch) now in the FT Store

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I was out grocery shopping yesterday and had the Whiskey 7 C-47 out of Geneseo New York fly right over us Just after take off I will assume on one of its flying tours. I was shocked to see it so close and low and sadly was too slow with the phone to get a shot of it.

Here is one of the few pics I could actually get of this plane. Most are held under copywrite to the various sites that have them. May have to do a stealth mission to the air field and get my own high res shots.

Whiskey 7.jpg

https://nationalwarplanemuseum.com/rides/

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Just came across this video. That plane sits just over a mile from where I sit if I go thru a corn field, over a river and thru some woods haha. 7 miles or so by paved roads.

Seems they are back to doing the tours with it for a bit until lock down goes back into effect cause people cant wear masks and be smart with a new strain of Rona coming around.

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member

(Dont be divided against your fellow countrymen, they are not the enemy you should be worrying about)

Burnhard

Stupid question, is there a video available on the landing gear construction? I am currently building a 50“ version and would certainly like to add some wheels.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Old conversation I know, but I just finished What's Up Doc? and didn't see any other dedicated C-47 threads. I saw her in the air last December outside of Palm Springs and had to build one. Here's the obligatory glamour shots before she gets all beat up. Hopefully, the paratrooper drop door will work.

Thanks, FT!

Attachments

• 20221128_195002.jpg
    20221128_195002.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221128_195022.jpg
    20221128_195022.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221128_195042.jpg
    20221128_195042.jpg
    535.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221128_195119.jpg
    20221128_195119.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221128_195134.jpg
    20221128_195134.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Looks great! I can't wait to see the static lines and shrouds trailing from the door after the jumpers have left. The nose art is perfect. How did you do it? I'm trying to figure out how to do the cowl art on my QED.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Looks great! I can't wait to see the static lines and shrouds trailing from the door after the jumpers have left. The nose art is perfect. How did you do it? I'm trying to figure out how to do the cowl art on my QED.

I cheat and order decals from Callie Graphics. Its a little more cost, but totally dresses up the paint job and hides my building errors.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Successful maiden today in cold, blustery conditions. The parachute drop system seemed to work with one fella- I'll see about adding more trooper to the stick one at a time in future flights. The little guys weigh about an oz apiece, so I don't know how many will balance way back there in the tail. I know Sinatra isn't Scale, but I was pretty happy at the maiden. 3000 4S battery in the nose to balance. 8X4 props with C Pack motors gave plenty of zip at 50% throttle.

Two thoughts:
  1. Like most of Overstreet's MS masterpieces, this plane flies very well. Its hard to tell in the video how gusty it was today, but the wind was swirling. I Just had to get in a flight on Pearl Harbor Day and this plane coped very well with the crappy conditions.
  2. That said... fly & land it fast. I've heard RC C-47s are notorious for surprise stalling; I trashed two of the smaller 13th Squadron Dakotas slowing down too much on landing. Fly it like a fighter and you'll be okay.

The Fopster

Master member
Successful maiden today in cold, blustery conditions. The parachute drop system seemed to work with one fella- I'll see about adding more trooper to the stick one at a time in future flights. The little guys weigh about an oz apiece, so I don't know how many will balance way back there in the tail. I know Sinatra isn't Scale, but I was pretty happy at the maiden. 3000 4S battery in the nose to balance. 8X4 props with C Pack motors gave plenty of zip at 50% throttle.

Two thoughts:
  1. Like most of Overstreet's MS masterpieces, this plane flies very well. Its hard to tell in the video how gusty it was today, but the wind was swirling. I Just had to get in a flight on Pearl Harbor Day and this plane coped very well with the crappy conditions.
  2. That said... fly & land it fast. I've heard RC C-47s are notorious for surprise stalling; I trashed two of the smaller 13th Squadron Dakotas slowing down too much on landing. Fly it like a fighter and you'll be okay.
Great looking build. Those graphics really set it off - amazing!