FT Master Series Corsair build Feb 2020

SteveRayK

Hi there

Here's my build underway from John Overstreet's kit. John, if you read these, you're a genius mate. This will take foamboard to new levels!

I am trying a coverall finish for a foamboard plane for something different. I haven't done the best job but it's my first attempt. It is at least keeping the weight down.

I claim points back though for my scalpel work making the decals!

More to come.

Cheers
Steve
Perth, Western Australia

Attachments

• Corsair Fuselage CU.jpg
    Corsair Fuselage CU.jpg
    687.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Corsair Fuselage Mid Shot.jpg
    Corsair Fuselage Mid Shot.jpg
    769.9 KB · Views: 0

SteveRayK

This is the colour without filter - dark sapphire blue.

Well, we maidened this today at my local club and I am absolutely wrapped. First launch and the club pres was expecting the usual first flight wrestle. This thing just floated into a gentle climb and he hadn't touched a thing.

Thanks FT for bringing this together, looking forward to many happy flights.

Attachments

• Corsair - Maiden Day 7 March 2020.jpg
    Corsair - Maiden Day 7 March 2020.jpg
    836 KB · Views: 0

MarioM

Hi Steve,
Awesome work on the Corsair mate! I am looking at building one also. I live in Perth also, Freo way.
I have a few questions:
What did you end up using for the form board? Quill from officeworks?
Did you find equivalent components to the FT Powerpack ‘C’ components in Perth or did you use the Power pack?
Did you go 3 cell or 4 cell on the battery?
Cheers
Mario

bf109g-14

This is the colour without filter - dark sapphire blue.

Well, we maidened this today at my local club and I am absolutely wrapped. First launch and the club pres was expecting the usual first flight wrestle. This thing just floated into a gentle climb and he hadn't touched a thing.

Thanks FT for bringing this together, looking forward to many happy flights.
Looks amazing! Did you have any trouble with orientation? I took mine out in the evening with a similar paint job and had a lot of trouble. I hope that doesn’t happen in broad daylight. If you want to check mine out, here’s a link: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/ltjg-tom-hudners-corsair.65571/