FT Mini Alpha 30% bigger

JeromeAu

A good friend has help me out this year due to my heath and getting out of an abusive relationship, he ask me to make the FT Mini Alpha for him to display in his home as a sculpture. but to be able to work as a remote control model if he ever wonted to use it later on. but the Mini plans will be to small and be over looked at his home, so I made it 30% bigger for him. This all come to light after showing him my aircraft, FT Racer and FT Mini Guinea.

FT_Mini_Alpha 30% biger test.jpg

Wing span: 860 mm, 33.8583 Inch
Length: 990 mm, 38.9764 Inch
Prop size up to 8 Inch
Control Surfaces: Ailerons Left and Right Main Wing, Elevator
Micro Servo: 4

42858140_1097401120428298_6947494602148413440_o.jpg

After making it I amended the plans, Jadyn Tafoya the designer did a grate job. well done!!!

Its that big I'm now thinking it can be made with twin EDF 40mm. for now here are the plans for this one.

Attachments

• FT Alpha V2.2 Full Size.pdf
    589.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dagger69

A good friend has help me out this year due to my heath and getting out of an abusive relationship, he ask me to make the FT Mini Alpha for him to display in his home as a sculpture. but to be able to work as a remote control model if he ever wonted to use it later on. but the Mini plans will be to small and be over looked at his home, so I made it 30% bigger for him. This all come to light after showing him my aircraft, FT Racer and FT Mini Guinea.

View attachment 115830

Wing span: 860 mm, 33.8583 Inch
Length: 990 mm, 38.9764 Inch
Prop size up to 8 Inch
Control Surfaces: Ailerons Left and Right Main Wing, Elevator
Micro Servo: 4

View attachment 115829

After making it I amended the plans, Jadyn Tafoya the designer did a grate job. well done!!!

Its that big I'm now thinking it can be made with twin EDF 40mm. for now here are the plans for this one.
Good job...
Could you please mentioned about the electronics that required for the bigger one ??? (Motor, prop, batary ect.)

Flying Kiwi

Good job...
Could you please mentioned about the electronics that required for the bigger one ??? (Motor, prop, batary ect.)

The slot size is going to determine the prop you can use , and that should let you size a motor to the prop . On the original the slot is 7 inches to take a 6 inch prop. If you scale it up 30% you get a 9 inch slot and probably an 8 inch prop .
A B pack motor with an 8x6 prop would be in the ball park I think

JeromeAu

PoorManRC

Master member
Sorry for the delay Dagger69, have been undergoing more cancer treatment, you can use the Flite Test Power Pack B.
My plan is to use EMAX RS2205 2600KV MOTOR CCW SHAFT ROTATION and GEMFAN COMPOSITE PROPELLER 6 X 4 GREY (CCW) controlled with AEROSTAR 30A ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER WITH 2A BEC using Turnigy 1500mAh 3S 30C Lipo.

Glad you're getting through multiple Hard Times... I've been dealing with a lot of similarities, plus my Wife is battling Stage 3c Cancer.
This is the best Hobby for easing tension, and just for feeling good!!

You've also hooked up with the BEST Group of Guys!! :cool:(y)(y)
They (and Me!), will help you with whatever you need, or point you in the direction of someone who can. Welcome!!

If you could get a 7x4.5 or a 8x4, you should still get good, slow controllable Performance, but more speed when you want it, and more Thrust when you're ready for some Stunt Flying!! Your Motor choice should handle either of those just fine.

I was very interested in remodeling the rear Fuse, and trying some EDFs myself....
Your Scaled up version would be perfect!! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a solution.

PoorManRC

Master member
...... The Plans look GREAT!! For us poor folk who have to use a standard Printer, could you possibly make a version for A4 size Tiled Sections?

If you need help, Dan Sponholz @SP0NZ is our Design GURU!! He might be able to easily do it, if he has time. ;)

JeromeAu

...... The Plans look GREAT!! For us poor folk who have to use a standard Printer, could you possibly make a version for A4 size Tiled Sections?

If you need help, Dan Sponholz @SP0NZ is our Design GURU!! He might be able to easily do it, if he has time. ;)
Can do that for you, A4 or US letter?

Don't matter i done it in both, i am a Graphic Artist/Designer I placed trim marks and 5mm bleed (over lap)

Attachments

• FT Alpha V2.2 A4 Size Tiled.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Alpha V2.2 Letter Size.pdf
    148.7 KB · Views: 0

ThatPolishHotdog

You know I'm eyeing this! Just wondering, is the pdf full size version the same as the SPONHOLZ plans? I mean are the lines vectors so they can be read by a laser cutter. I have access to one, and I'd really like to laser cut this instead of by hand.

Edit: The laser cutter I used can read the lines, just needed reformatting into RGB.

Last edited:

JeromeAu

You know I'm eyeing this! Just wondering, is the pdf full size version the same as the SPONHOLZ plans? I mean are the lines vectors so they can be read by a laser cutter. I have access to one, and I'd really like to laser cut this instead of by hand.

Edit: The laser cutter I used can read the lines, just needed reformatting into RGB.

I did import the original PDF file from SPONHOLZ in to Illustrator and convert the plans to the bigger format and added some modification then saved as CMYK colour format but i convert the colour system to sRGB for you. Planes are 100% to scale

Attachments

• FT Alpha V2.2 Full Size RGB.pdf
    713 KB · Views: 0

ThatPolishHotdog

I did import the original PDF file from SPONHOLZ in to Illustrator and convert the plans to the bigger format and added some modification then saved as CMYK colour format but i convert the colour system to sRGB for you. Planes are 100% to scale

Lol thanks for the effort, but I've already got it cut out and built! It flies amazing dude, great work on the upscaling. I'll post a couple of pictures of the build once the paint job dries.

JeromeAu

Lol thanks for the effort, but I've already got it cut out and built! It flies amazing dude, great work on the upscaling. I'll post a couple of pictures of the build once the paint job dries.

Look forward to the photos and i'm glad you like and worked out for the laser cutter.