ft mini corsair

skymaster

Elite member
I have a question 4 you guys. i am looking into blowing up the mighty mini corsair to 200%, and i know that the mini corsair has to have a degree pointing to the right, if i scale it to 200% does the power pod still have to have that degree, or can it be like a normal power pod, if it is i will discard the power pod and do a fixed motor mount . and i might maybe even experiment with it and make it into and edf.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
The right and down thrust angles each have their specific purpose. Both are related to the effects of the propeller wash over the airframe and the thrust line position over the centres of drag and mass.

As you scale up your plane the required thrust angles may or should decrease, especially the side thrust requirements. The air does not scale! If I was doing such a build I would start with ZERO side and down thrust angles for my power pod and shim in down and side angles as a precaution for the maiden. Normally after doing a number of takeoff runs I can easily determine if the plane swings wildly on take off and if it does I adjust the side thrust to compensate or eliminate.

Down thrust is determined by the change in aircraft attitude when flying at minimal throttle and then slamming the throttle open. If the aircraft lifts its nose then some more down thrust is required but if it noses down I need to decrease the down thrust, I adjust these angles as previously stated by altering the thrust angle using shims on the motor mount.

I hope this helps!

Have fun!