Help! FT mini F22 raptor

FastCrash45

Elite member
I am curious if a 28mm EDF with a 13500kv on 2s would fly the FT Mini F22 Raptor. I have a perfect tube that I could modify for intake and output. I really have the itch to buy it all and try it. I think it would be a rocket but wanted some informed opinions.

FastCrash45

Elite member
They use two of them in an A 10 scale foam and it performs all 4 channel aeronautics easily. I was doing a lot of browsing and I'll see if I can find the link.[/QUOTE
It goes in this model and is used for several others.
E-flite UMX A-10
E-flite UMX MiG 15 EDF

FastCrash45

Elite member
I just found that the A 10 is 5.6 oz and the Mighty Mini is 5oz. So it might be dicey. Might have to find a 30mm fan

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
I am curious if a 28mm EDF with a 13500kv on 2s would fly the FT Mini F22 Raptor. I have a perfect tube that I could modify for intake and output. I really have the itch to buy it all and try it. I think it would be a rocket but wanted some informed opinions.

They use that size EDF on the Eflite UMX F-16 on 2S and it has an all up weight of 2.75oz. So I would think you will need a bigger EDF, probably a 50mm, maybe a little smaller will work.

FastCrash45

Elite member
I think I'll get the plans and up the size just a bit and use my great planes hyper flow edf. I have a 4s capable 2420 outrunner installed in it and it PUTS the air out. Its 2200kv and suppposedly designed for 56mm fans if they dont have more thsn 5 blades.

rgc213

So i just saw this thread, and am sorta doing this exact thing.....
...except I didn't think a 28mm edf would have enough thrust for the Mini F22 either, so I'm doing a 50% mini F22.

I had the electronics left over from an UMX Habu, and have been kicking around ideas for it for some time now. Thought about the arrow, but eventually settled on the F22. Here are some nearing completion pics:
20191107_160047.jpg 20191107_160117.jpg 20191107_160141.jpg

It's 13.5" long and has a wingspan of 10". I'll be using the 28mm edf on a 2s 250 or 300.
I just have to get the electronics in and re-set them up for elevons, then add a bit of color. It looks like it might be tight, but i think everything will fit :) I also plan on rounding the leading edge of the wings to see if it will get better lift than the squared off fb.