FT Mini Mustang too small?

flyin201

So I printed off some full size plans at FedEx and started working on a Mini Mustang however, the power pod seems too narrow, and the wingspan measures 22 inches while the plans say its 24. So I’m hoping I can make this work however I’m curious if this is right. Anybody else experience this or can measure the wingspan on their Mustang? Also the online kit in the description says it’s 29”!?

I’m guessing it was a printing error on my part, I asked for 20x30, foam board sheet size.

Last edited:

Planiac01

Here is a test: measure the narrow section on the plans where you peel out the foam to do A or B folds. If it is not 3/16 of an inch, they are the wrong size.

kdobson83

There should be a key on the top of the plans you can use a ruler to see if the inches on the key matches inches on your ruler. The original file may not have been made to fit on a 20x30 sheet of foam cut and dry like that. I always have mine printed at Staples and ask it to be printed at 100% to scale. Haven't had issues yet. Although I did have to point out that key to the print guy the last time I had some printed.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Simple test! Download the tiled plans in the paper size your printer supports and print out a page or two and compare then with the plans your had printed previously. If different then the plans you are using are not correct.

Have fun!

rainman687

Just measured my mustang and it’s 24 on the dot. I have had staples and office max print mine at 90% for some reason. I bring a ruler to make sure before I buy.