FT Mini Scout Newbie Challenge

Arcfyre

Elite member
Updated pics... I kinda wish I had it as only a 3 channel for the challenge (less servos=less power being drawn), but for the challenge I'll do it as I built it.

I had the same thought. That's why I used one servo to drive both ailerons.
20190130_223325.jpg

Vimana89

Legendary member
I ordered my mini Scout kit today along with a bunch of other materials for building. I'll be using the Flysky I6 transmitter I picked up to fly all of my builds including this one. My scout build is going to remain completely stock as far as controls and airframe, 3 channel RET and no body alterations, but I'll be using a different motor with a bit more oomph. This motor https://www.graupnerusa.com/ULTRA-2806-1900KV-BRUSHLESS-MOTOR-CCW.html is comparable to an F pack motor, and I'll be using basic Raycorp 5x3 props, though I believe this motor is capable of using more aggressive ones for racing and stuff.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I ordered my mini Scout kit today along with a bunch of other materials for building. I'll be using the Flysky I6 transmitter I picked up to fly all of my builds including this one. My scout build is going to remain completely stock as far as controls and airframe, 3 channel RET and no body alterations, but I'll be using a different motor with a bit more oomph. This motor https://www.graupnerusa.com/ULTRA-2806-1900KV-BRUSHLESS-MOTOR-CCW.html is comparable to an F pack motor, and I'll be using basic Raycorp 5x3 props, though I believe this motor is capable of using more aggressive ones for racing and stuff.

Good luck with the build! Remember, Mini planes like this have a very touchy CG so make sure that its perfect.

mayan

Legendary member
My Scout is almost done. Servos are in place wings attached tomorrow I’ll finish off the attaching the motor. Then if all goes Sunday or Monday will be the maiden.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
A bit of progress. I tore a couple of spots in the elevator and rudder when I was installing the control horns, oops. Some reinforcement and glue should be good to go.

Still need an esc...guess its okay weather isn't cooperating anyway.

View attachment 123233
Oh, shoot! It's Glorious! Your paint scheme is awesome and what the heck did you paint the turtle deck with? Plus you've built it with one less cut on that turtle deck. Plus orientation stripes. Are you sure you've never built and flown of these? ;):)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
For what it's worth. I've been simming the FT Mini Scout. In the sim it is amazingly docile. Almost boring. I did not expect that.

mayan

Legendary member
Ooooh Shoot! That is one BAD ASS looking bird! Why the wheels?
I was missing the take off from the ground so decided to build them for the challenge. Went well until I was destructed and lost the plane in the darn field. Think it’s time to find a new field to fly in can’t keep wasting most of the time searching for lost stuff.

mayan

Legendary member
Hmmmm. After I came back with my son while my wife took our daugther to a treatment that she had. No real damage. Servo broke lose from the air frame. And the motor cables disconnected from the ESC which is why I didn't hear my stick movements while I was searching.
IMG_0110.JPG

mayan

Legendary member
Of course there is a video. I have no battery on my phone since I used it on the search efforts at the field so it will have to wait till when I get home. It was something around 2min from take off to crash. But I got to give it to you the take off from the ground and hand launch was amazing was so much fun. I was super happy I managed to get it to take off that way.