FT Mini Scout Newbie Challenge

JTarmstr

Elite member
Its all done! Now I just need to solder some connectors on the motor and ESC and wait for a good day to fly it.
miniscout.jpg

basslord1124

Master member
I couldn’t wait for tonight so I took my break to go back home and get the pieces to cut out.

I'm guilty of that too. Sometimes I drag a bag with me to work with various little "plane" things that I can work on.

I know you said no video edits @mayan ...but could I still leave my intro/closing channel clips? They are just little 6-7 second clips with my channel name on them. The rest of course would be unedited.

Arcfyre

Elite member
Black is good for me this time of year. White is easy to lose orientation with a grey sky or snow as a background.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I may end up doing this. One of the four planes I'm doing for the February challenge is the mini scout, because I'm so new and the custom idea I had as #4 was a bit over the top to get done that quick. I need at least one good dedicated trainer to really get into fixed wings better, and there's a custom one in the works I'm getting help with, but it would be nice to have a second even easier to build trainer with only three channels, so I decided on a mighty mini scout kit. When I get a chance to buy all of my build materials tomorrow, I'll see about shipping concerns with a good source of great cheap motors I'm looking at. If I can get them in a timely manner I can keep the cost on all these builds down. They are similar to an F pack motor, but commonly use 5x3 props.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I know you said no video edits @mayan ...but could I still leave my intro/closing channel clips? They are just little 6-7 second clips with my channel name on them. The rest of course would be unedited.
Yes. That's OK. The important thing is that the video of the actual flight is not edited in any way. We have to be able to watch the timer of the video player, from start of flight to finish. If the flight video is edited, that throws it all off.

mayan

Legendary member
@buzzbomb can I take the toilet paper plane idea? I have something funny in mind for the Mini Scout with it.
Ok. I found a place to order the stoppers from and they are on the way. 25 of them. I'll run out, but not soon.

I'm trying to prepare for the FT MINI SCOUT NEWBIE CHALLENGE! though, so I didn't want to wait. I'm hoping I might get to fly on Monday. I wasn't happy with the idea of just trying to bend the wire with pliers. So I stole a stopper from my TT, Tora Tanshi. She's cool with it. She understands a challenge and she knows I'll replace it when my order comes in.

This is a COMPLETED FT Mini Scout, balancing on the CG points. Battery and everything except the prop. Ready to fly, Ya'll!! :D

Le Goalot suggested I name her T.P. "Toilet Paper!" I said. He said no, She's "The Plow." In reference to his mimic of what Hai-Lee's helmet was made from. Thank you for all your help and encouragement, Hai-Lee. My plane is named after what your head was made from. :LOL::ROFLMAO::love:
I just realized I hadn't put marking tape on yet. That happens now.