Help! FT MM Mustang Landing Gear

kinleykin25

Hello All! I am building a FT Mighty Mini Mustang and I would like to put landing gear on it. I noticed Josh had some on the one he built in the videos and was wondering if anyone else has attempted to do this and what materials they have used? any advice would be great, Thanks!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I decided to skip the LG on mine. The speed build kit included wire for it though. Watch the standard size mustang build video - installing the landing gear should be the same process.

FDS

Elite member
Be aware you will need extremely flat ground to land that on. If it snags on the ground it just tears the wing at the point you mount it.
The smaller planes end up with wheels that can be too small to be useful, that’s why most minis don’t have landing gear. A skid plate on the belly or judicious use of longer “arrestor grass” for landing will be more reliable.

herbertjalarcon

Elite member
Hello All! I am building a FT Mighty Mini Mustang and I would like to put landing gear on it. I noticed Josh had some on the one he built in the videos and was wondering if anyone else has attempted to do this and what materials they have used? any advice would be great, Thanks!
Greetings!
I put landing gear on mine and I love it! I don't agree you need really flat ground...our field is not super smooth and it works fine...the only tip is to make sure you use a Popsicle stick inside the wing to support the wire, and take your time to make everything level and symmetrical...I think it makes it a much nicer flight...but FDS is right about snagging...mine doesn't like tall grass...

Attachments

• GOPR4329.JPG
    GOPR4329.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4330.JPG
    GOPR4330.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • GOPR4331.JPG
    GOPR4331.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 0