FT motors worth the cost ?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for you guys. Is FT motors worth the cost ? I only looked up two motors to compare prices. The motors I choice was from the old and new "B" pack. The old "B" was a Emax CF2822 for $10.99 and the new "B" is a FT 2212B for $24.99. The prices came from the FT store. I like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks for any input,
Al

Corsair714

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for you guys. Is FT motors worth the cost ? I only looked up two motors to compare prices. The motors I choice was from the old and new "B" pack. The old "B" was a Emax CF2822 for $10.99 and the new "B" is a FT 2212B for $24.99. The prices came from the FT store. I like to hear what you guys think.

Thanks for any input,
Al
Hey, I personally don't think that the FT motors are worth the cost. Not trying to put FT down or anything, but they're just really expensive. My friend has the old emax power pack b motor and it has been working well for him so far. If you're looking for the best bang for buck motor for a b pack sized plane I'd suggest the sunnysky 2212 motor. They work amazingly well and they're a decent price too. They are about 15 USD.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any input,
Al
For the power pack B I still prefer the Emax motor, but for power pack C, F, and H the prices are closer.

danskis

Master member
Not all motors in that size range run on 4S. I think the flight test ones do...which may be important for you

alan0043

https://www.buddyrc.com/products/sunnsky-x2212?variant=33002340515926

Buddyrc has the newest version as well as the older of the sunny sky B pack equivalent. Not much less than the FT motors, but more kv options and they ship FAST from Ohio. I’m about to order a few more today since I’ve had such good experience buying from them.

Hi spdxdmn,
I have also bought from Buddyrc in the past. Good service and fast shipping. But maybe right not so fast because of Christmas.

CampRobber

Between the emax 1806 and the ft 1806, the former's leads are actually just the magnet wire strands in heat shrink, ick. Whereas the ft has a junction to proper high-strand silicone insulation leads.

But their performance curves are the same.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
I believe the FT motors are well worth the cost.

I still use plenty of different motors. From cheap amazon and banggood motors to FT and E-Flite motors.

The FT radials hold up well. They take abuse, and are pretty efficient.

I have burned up and bent plenty of the cheaper motors. I have not smoked an FT radial yet.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I believe the FT motors are well worth the cost.

I still use plenty of different motors. From cheap amazon and banggood motors to FT and E-Flite motors.

The FT radials hold up well. They take abuse, and are pretty efficient.

I have burned up and bent plenty of the cheaper motors. I have not smoked an FT radial yet.

Agreed. Sometimes it's worth spending a little more for something because they hold up better. I tried to buy a cheap ESC/motor combo from Amazon to run in a combat wing; it flew for all of 2 minutes before it shut down. When I looked it up, even though it was the same KV and size as an equivalent FT Radial motor, it turns out it was meant for significantly less wattage - 160w for the no name Amazon vs. over 200w for the FT motor.

Corsair714

Agreed. Sometimes it's worth spending a little more for something because they hold up better. I tried to buy a cheap ESC/motor combo from Amazon to run in a combat wing; it flew for all of 2 minutes before it shut down. When I looked it up, even though it was the same KV and size as an equivalent FT Radial motor, it turns out it was meant for significantly less wattage - 160w for the no name Amazon vs. over 200w for the FT motor.
Not every cheap motor sucks though. I think that sunnysky has earned name for themselves of being cheap yet still working well. They put out a ton of power for a great price. I've never used an FT motor so I don't know how much bettter they would be.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Not every cheap motor sucks though. I think that sunnysky has earned name for themselves of being cheap yet still working well. They put out a ton of power for a great price. I've never used an FT motor so I don't know how much bettter they would be.

I'm not saying every cheap motor is bad. Just that some are not, especially in certain applications/power combinations. I prefer not to buy multiple motors every couple of months when i can just buy one motor and it'll last for a couple of years.

Bricks

Master member
I'm not saying every cheap motor is bad. Just that some are not, especially in certain applications/power combinations. I prefer not to buy multiple motors every couple of months when i can just buy one motor and it'll last for a couple of years.

YES BUT BUT all that building those planes need a little luv too hate seeing a plane sit around with a motor engine in it at least. :love: :love: :love: :love: I always have engines motors sitting around waiting for homes, it makes a great reason to buy that plane that you really do not need but have an engine to fit in it..........That is my excuse and I am sticking to it..