FT MS ME-262

dbmarcott

I went with by guess and by golly with the bends, I left the legs about a foot long ( what a pain to work around LOL ) , when she was all finished I did the finial bends. I made the front landing gear just a bit longer to give me a bit of nose up on the ground and a bit more prop clearence. I can run out to the shop and do a quick measure if you would like.
Thanks for the offer. If not too much trouble the length from wing to ground would be appreciated. I will be making the front gear steerable. Here in Texas we have a lot of wind and it is seldom "down the runway". I have a Dynon foamy ME262 and had to design a steerable nose gear to stay on the runway during takeoff and landing. Same with the Viggen and X29. Thanks again.

chickenhawk

I went with by guess and by golly with the bends, I left the legs about a foot long ( what a pain to work around LOL ) , when she was all finished I did the finial bends. I made the front landing gear just a bit longer to give me a bit of nose up on the ground and a bit more prop clearence. I can run out to the shop and do a quick measure if you would like.
Ho Ho Ho I was shoveling snow, main gear 6 1/2 inch long--nose gear 7 inch long. With 3 inch wheels, may go to 3 1/2 if I need more clearence for our grass run way.

dbmarcott

Has anyone had trouble installing the aileron servos? I am using Hitec HS65MG's and they are too deep to fit in the wing. I am thinking about enlarging the cutout and laying them flat.