FT MS ME-262

chickenhawk

I looked and looked for a build video and could not find one before I started. LOL that's how I wound up hear. Glad I did other wise I would have never picked up on the weak spar. I added the upgrades that CrsHNbrn made and other than the landing gear I'm happy how it turned out. Just have to wait until it warms up to test.

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
I looked and looked for a build video and could not find one before I started. LOL that's how I wound up hear. Glad I did other wise I would have never picked up on the weak spar. I added the upgrades that CrsHNbrn made and other than the landing gear I'm happy how it turned out. Just have to wait until it warms up to test.

DUDE! I coulda swore there was a video!!

Mandela Effect??

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Splinter189

Master member
There is going to be little if any information on the landing gear. A little background on the limited series that I think gets lost. The limited series is intended for the seasoned scratch builder(it appears you are all seasoned builders from what I see). The limited series is used on FT side to to test the waters on new types of planes and techniques. The ME262 and the F16 are the first two released in the series.

The limited series planes may or may not be further developed. The landing gear is a perfect example. While I did design a landing gear, the development was minimal. There are some basic markings but it never went past prototyping. If we do decide to go forward, it will be refined and a supplementary PDF will be created.

Last edited:

Taildragger

Legendary member
There is going to be little if any information on the landing gear. A little background on the limited series that I think gets lost. The limited series is intended for the season scratch builder(it appears you are all seasoned builders from what I see). The limited series is used on FT side to to test the waters on new types of planes and techniques. The ME262 and the F16 are the first two released in the series.

The limited series planes may or may not be further developed. The landing gear is a perfect example. While I did design a landing gear, the development was minimal. There are some basic markings but it never went past prototyping. If we do decide to go forward, it will be refined and a supplementary PDF will be created.
I was about to ask what a PDF was, Powerful Ducted Fan? :LOL:

chickenhawk

Well all done but a few details, -37 with the wind today. So outdoor flying is done for the season now. I was so looking forward to getting in 1 test flight before winter set in. Must say over all loved the build and the look of the plane. Other than the spar issue and my screw up on the nose gear loved the build.

Burnhard

Well all done but a few details, -37 with the wind today. So outdoor flying is done for the season now. I was so looking forward to getting in 1 test flight before winter set in. Must say over all loved the build and the look of the plane. Other than the spar issue and my screw up on the nose gear loved the build.
Are you going to share some pics? I am interested in the gear section in particular.

chickenhawk

Yes I will share pictures, just trying to decide where to mount the receiver. in the cut out in the wing or on top of the accessory box. As far as the landing gear plates for the mains I had to guess at the size going off the pictures in the manual ( plan ). I used 1/8 ply and 5/32 music wire only because that is what I had on hand. ( 7 hour drive for me to nearest hobby shop) With the nose gear the biggest thing is to measure from the front of the accessory box ( where the 4 tabs are ) to where the first cut out is in the accessory box. DO NOT make this plate any longer. If you do it blocks the hole and makes it a pain to install the battery ( ask me how I know ) . I bent up the landing gear wire and installed with the zip ties, but I left the wire hanging down about 18 inches ( way to much ) until I could see what I was going to need for prop clearance. Then will bend the ends later. Going to use 2 inch wheels ( again that's what I have on hand) Going to leave it a little long until I try both the 3 blade and 2 blade props.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
#4. It begins...again. Lets see if this one lasts longer than its predecessors.

Attachments

• 20220131_085036.jpg
    20220131_085036.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Yup. One more try with those EDFs. This kit is the one you really got for me by drawing FT's attention to the hole in the spar. Sorry you have to wait until you can maiden yours- I don't think I could wait until spring.

chickenhawk

I followed your lead on many parts, I boxed in the spar with light ply- added a rudder servo added the wing doubler but on the rudder I found some 20 inch bbq skewers at the dollar store. I ran one full length on the inside of the rudder right into the fuselage and added one on each side of the rudder from the top of the rudder right into the rear fuselage on the hinge line. ( rudder is now super stiff)

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I like your idea of an even stronger rudder support. I'll add it to Quatro, which is what I'm calling this one. Thanks again for all your help. Here's to some successful maidens for both of us!

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Quatro is done. Might just have to look at it for a while before it dies a horrible, inevitable death in a spectacular fashion.

Attachments

• 20220207_195809.jpg
    20220207_195809.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Plywood in the nacelles. It should rip off at the wing but remain relatively intact. Also doubled the center spar, added dowel rods to the leading and trailing wing edges are smushed by the rubber bands.

Attachments

• 20220207_195847.jpg
    20220207_195847.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220207_195900.jpg
    20220207_195900.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Successful maiden yesterday. First time in this whole thread (and four different planes) that I was able to launch and land without having to go home and rebuild. Its the little victories that make it all worthwhile.
Yahoo!! Landing and relaunching without repairs is HUGE

CrshNBrn

Elite member
I think the power is okay. I didn't do anything rowdy on the first flight, just some mellow circuits while trying to get my hands to stop shaking. It does seem like a stable, gentle platform- I'm just trying to learn how to land it now without overshooting the runway.