FT Mustang build

Hello! hope you all are doing good and flying high!

i built a FT Mustang and wanted to share the final product with you guys. it is not only an amazing looking plane, but flies great as well! I'v put on a tail wheel and a removable hatch for easy battery access, it works like a charm.
since im still too fond of hard landings i decided to use an aluminium spar for the wings, it isn't a typical spar that's available at the hobby shops, instead i've used an aluminum tube kinda thing - used for glass window frames - as my spar, so far ive flown it thrice and the spar have held the wings in place pretty good.
i fly it with emax gt2215/09 1180 KV, 10x4.7 prop, 4 9g servos and a 3 cell 2600mah lipo. the total flying weight with everything on is 903g.
ive moved the servos under the hatch, just above the wings which helped me in balancing the plane properly right at the CG mark. the only issue i've faced till now is that my motor is getting hot, it didn't use to get this hot before. but ever since i've put it on this plane it is getting hot within 5-7 minutes of flying - hot as in if i touch it, it would be uncomfortable to hold it for long, so any guesses what might be the issue?

here's my eye candy, hope you guys like it. p.s saw this color scheme on some forum, can't remember where so i tried to copy it to the best of my abilities. Cheers!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Swimjim

Sweet looking plane! I love the battery hatch. I got my P-51 up just before winter seriously moved in. It's a nice flying plane! Thank you for posting the pictures.

thank you all! I'm still learning to land it decently. I come in hot and then bounce a little and come to a halt.havent damaged the plane yet.so that's a good thing. need to perfect that smooth landing.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The mustang is actually a pretty good airplane to learn your landings with. It's really well behaved on the ground and doesn't nose over easily.

BTW, there is going to eventually be a mustang V.2 which has a lot less poster board and possibly some other goodies.

few it a few times today and managed to get some decent landings. i was making the mistake of killing the throttle too soon which made the plane stall and hit the ground hard. i guess you have to come at 15-20% throttle even while landing, so that it doesn't stall and yet isn't too fast. it's a fun plane for sure!
AkimboGlueGuns i hope there is a V2 version of mustang and a large version of Crosair, love the wing structure of it.