Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Mustang Master Series - FT Mustang Master Series Free Plans

FT Mustang Master Series

Design By: John Overstreet
Plans By: Dan Sponholz
View attachment 170083
Description:
The Master Series Mustang is a classic warbird that provides as much satisfaction in building as it does flying it! Utilizing Master Series build techniques and designed by John Overstreet, the build experience for this aircraft is absolutely remarkable. The FT Master Series Mustang is a very scale...

Read more about this resource...

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Come on community, we NEED to see an F-82 twin Mustang!
1590535258691.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I finally ran out of patience, and used a bunch of my foam to cut out a Storch, on the same DAY that the Mustang plans finally get released, and now I don't have enough left for it.

Arg, just my luck... Oh well, time to order another box of 50 sheets I guess.... :)
Shoot! Never hurts to have more foam though...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
pretty sure the monster series is made to be built with the regular plans scaled up 186% to use monster foam. You probably also need some extended spars too.
The problem is that monster foam is harder to mold, so I believe they are using the 5mm FB for the skins and monster foam for the formers and stuff.

Park Invader

The problem is that monster foam is harder to mold, so I believe they are using the 5mm FB for the skins and monster foam for the formers and stuff.

In the video “How we built a giant P-51 mustang” at about 8:20 you can see the 5mm foam board going on top of the monster foam.

w1lp33

Not for a while I think.... I’m short a motor and receiver, so gotta crash something else first :)

Covid quarantine had me doing a lot of building :) I got a storch waiting on servos and motor as well, and at least a half a dozen planes to maiden.

That looks awesome! When will the maiden happen?