FT Mustang Master Series

FT Mustang Master Series 1.0

zjr928

野马.jpg

zjr928

[QUOTE =“ The Hangar,post:611375,member:43840”]哇,真了不起!您在用它作皮肤用的是什么?[/ QUOTE]
:咖啡::Dž纸模型的皮肤

Funflier88

This is my first time building a master series flitetest build. I have to say I am impressed with this build. I wasn't able to make it look nearly as good as the guy in the video. Not all of my sections lined up very well so I removed the paper backing from the exterior so that I can sand them smooth.

I did have to add some structural stiffeners in the cockpit section and the section just aft of the cockpit because the skins were "squishy" and seemed a little to delicate in my opinion. Also I'm making mine with the wings removable and the wings will have functioning flaps to slow me down on my approach.

Otherwise the build is done very nicely and I like that it is easy to make custom tweeks and improvements.

Attachments

• received_716782305625202.jpeg
    received_716782305625202.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 0
  • received_387149012361160.jpeg
    received_387149012361160.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 0
  • received_302956327702139.jpeg
    received_302956327702139.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 0
  • received_869341983895233.jpeg
    received_869341983895233.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 0

Whit Armstrong

Elite member
This is my first time building a master series flitetest build. I have to say I am impressed with this build. I wasn't able to make it look nearly as good as the guy in the video. Not all of my sections lined up very well so I removed the paper backing from the exterior so that I can sand them smooth.

I did have to add some structural stiffeners in the cockpit section and the section just aft of the cockpit because the skins were "squishy" and seemed a little to delicate in my opinion. Also I'm making mine with the wings removable and the wings will have functioning flaps to slow me down on my approach.

Otherwise the build is done very nicely and I like that it is easy to make custom tweeks and improvements.

Since you took off the outer paper, it might be a little less strong. You could go over it with an iron to strengthen it and smooth it out more. If you're able to, covering it with covering film would be a good idea. Since lots of the strength of the foam comes from the paper, it's a good idea to strengthen the foam if you remove it.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You could do a paper mache style skin to the outside that would solidify the outer surface, here is a vid...
Now I know your not trying to waterproof your plane but this works well for shaping a smooth plane if done well.

2jujube7

Hi guys!

Just finished my first master series build (and first non mighty mini build), and I just went and maidened it. It flies fantastic and stable. I still have to paint it, but other than that I thought it turned out decent for my first master series build. AUW 850 grams with a cheap 2212 1000kv motor, 1047 prop, and 3s 2200 battery. The power system was bench tested to just about 1000g thrust, so it has more power than I would expect a B pack motor equivalent to do. My paint job should hopefully turn out like this, but we'll see. :D

Mustang MMS.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Hi guys!

Just finished my first master series build (and first non mighty mini build), and I just went and maidened it. It flies fantastic and stable. I still have to paint it, but other than that I thought it turned out decent for my first master series build. AUW 850 grams with a cheap 2212 1000kv motor, 1047 prop, and 3s 2200 battery. The power system was bench tested to just about 1000g thrust, so it has more power than I would expect a B pack motor equivalent to do. My paint job should hopefully turn out like this, but we'll see. :D

View attachment 187288
Excellent work on the build for the first MS, turned out better then my Spitfire. I won't lie I am a little surprised the 2212 worked for it, I wouldn't even consider that size for the Spit

2jujube7

I took my mustang out for another flight this morning, and I noticed that the bottom was getting lots of dirt on it. I don't really want to put full landing gear on it because I don't have any retracts, and I don't really want to fly it around with the gear down the whole time. However, I also don't want to keep landing on the belly, because the scoop keeps getting caught the ground. I just realized that I can make some very reinforced scale bombs and fix them to the wing in place of landing gear. They wouldn't be droppable, but they would look much nicer than landing gear. Anyone have some input on that idea or any other ideas?

Palgy

Hi guys!

View attachment 187288
You can use 4s battery its will run faster
I"m using Xing 2814 1250 KV and having a planty of power ...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Can I run a 3536 800kv on 2200 3s in a ms p51?
Yea you might want to go with a larger higher pitch prop, something like an 11x6 or even more. 4s would be better all around for the low end and the top end but you could make it work for sure.