FT mustang on 4S

OrcaKid

Hey, I’m new to this forum but I’m not new to RC. I am getting the FT mustang speed build kit (the 1016mm one). I have the spektrum smart 3S 2200s and 4S 2200s and I want to know if the 4S ones will fit and if the airframe can handle it. Any advice will help. Thanks!

slowjo

Master member
Hey, I’m new to this forum but I’m not new to RC. I am getting the FT mustang speed build kit (the 1016mm one). I have the spektrum smart 3S 2200s and 4S 2200s and I want to know if the 4S ones will fit and if the airframe can handle it. Any advice will help. Thanks!
welcome to the addiction :cool:, I havent built one yet, tho I would like to, I thought it would work?

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Not familiar with how the Spectrum batteries compare size wise. The Gens Ace 3s 2200mah will fit the Mig-3 which is similar in size to the P-51 and uses the same power pod.

OrcaKid

I know that the smart batteries are actually a bit smaller and a touch lighter than the other brands, (I used to have the gens ace) so it might work, but it would be nice if someone gave me the dimensions of the bay. Thanks!

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
The only way to know for sure is to try it. You could always scale the model up a bit if for more space. I'm sure someone on here has some experience with the Spectrum batteries and will chime in sooner or later.

OrcaKid

Yeah, I guess I will wait and see, wait I have an idea. What are the dimensions of the gens ace 2200 3 cell? I think it might be similar to the smart 4 cells. That would help. Thanks!