FT Old Speedster Biplane

James Powell

Thanks to Looping Looie for the idea! Saw his video and had to build my own! Just finished the build today. Now just need to paint and get the electronics put in.
Old Speedster Biplane.jpg

James Powell

I think it's just from the angle the picture was taken from. There is a bend in it. Did you have any issues keeping the too wing on with just hot glue and sticks?

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
I put four vertical stics on the courners, where the bend for the polyhedral is, and then you can use foamboard to give it more stiffness in the fuselage area.

Reactions: FDS

James Powell

I put four vertical stics on the courners, where the bend for the polyhedral is, and then you can use foamboard to give it more stiffness in the fuselage area.
Just curious, since the version of your plane I built is a standard size and not the mini, do you think adding flaps would be beneficial for slower flight? Or will they be ineffective with this wing design being a flat piece of foam board with a bend instead of a curved design?

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Just curious, since the version of your plane I built is a standard size and not the mini, do you think adding flaps would be beneficial for slower flight? Or will they be ineffective with this wing design being a flat piece of foam board with a bend instead of a curved design?
They will work, but add a little weight. Keep it simple and floaty. Its Just a 3ch plane and thats OK.