FT Old Speedster - BUILD

viktor-d

hello. i am new in this hobby so i need some help. i building my first plane an old speedster and waiting for motor etc. my question is: can i fly with ntm 1200kv and 2200mah 20c battery? this motor and battery going to be in my next plane ft cruiser aswell, thats why i bought this.

crow

hello. i am new in this hobby so i need some help. i building my first plane an old speedster and waiting for motor etc. my question is: can i fly with ntm 1200kv and 2200mah 20c battery? this motor and battery going to be in my next plane ft cruiser aswell, thats why i bought this.

My Speedster with a Turnigy 2730 1200kv, 8x4.5 slowfly prop, and 1300mah battery leaps off the ground with about 1 foot of takeoff roll so I imagine it would lift a 2200 OK. Lighter will always fly better though...

viktor-d

My Speedster with a Turnigy 2730 1200kv, 8x4.5 slowfly prop, and 1300mah battery leaps off the ground with about 1 foot of takeoff roll so I imagine it would lift a 2200 OK. Lighter will always fly better though...

thank you very much for answer!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Finally set this plane up properly.

IMG_4305.JPG

Aleksi

I just built and maiden flied my Old Speedster.
Just love the looks of the plane.
In maiden she pitched up constantly and i needed to use down elevator to fly straight.
I have now added bit down thrust on motor to counteract that.

On second flite it just collapsed wings in mid flite. I bet it is because my foam does not have papercover.
So i added then spar under the wing to strengthen it.

2015-06-20 17.47.40_m.jpg 2015-06-20 17.49.25_m.jpg 2015-06-20 17.39.35_m.jpg

Here is video of the maidenflight.

After trimming it flies great. Slow and low. :)

Last edited:

ViperTech

Just finished mine! My first FT build and my first plane. Very excited to get this baby out.

Nice looking! If she is your first I recommend low to no winds for the maiden flight, easy on the throttle and if you can balance it favoring nose heavy and low throws.

Dbogan

The Speed Build Kit is available in our web store!
speedsterbuild1-jpg_1384965871.jpg

Here it is! The build video for the FT Old Speedster. If you are firmiliar with the FT Old Fogey this one will be a breeze.
speedsterbuild3-jpg_1384965878.jpg

The polyhedral wing design allows the plane to self right itself in the air.
speedsterbuild5-jpg_1384965883.jpg

Remember, it is hip to be square. Always double check your angles!
speedsterbuild6-jpg_1384965886.jpg

speedsterbuild7-jpg_1384965890.jpg

Here, Josh assembles the control horn for the rudder. If you ever need extra control horns, they are available in the store!
speedsterbuild8-jpg_1384965893.jpg

Right before the attachment of the power pod.
speedsterbuild9-jpg_1384965896.jpg

Last but never least, WHEEL PANTS! These are included in the kit but are also available seperately if you would like to add them to your existing planes. Check them out in the store!

Click here for the seperate Wheel Pants build video
speedsterbuild10-jpg_1384967488.jpg

For recommended electronics, click here

FREE Build Plans:
FT Old Speedster [ FULL SIZE ]
FT Old Speedster [ TILED ]
Where is the cg on the old speedster, thanks