• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT P-38 Lightning

FT P-38 Lightning 1.1

Marty72

Elite member
Your attention to detail shows- the booms look great! You're in for a treat when you get to fly it.
We had 6 straight days of rain, went out to the field today for maiden (soggy field). Wow, what an easy plane to hand launch, so little drama. It's a really stable and simple to fly plane. The easiest hand launch plane ever! I'd consider this a plane something a beginner could fly. I did a bunch of Cuban 8s with it, it tracks perfectly. It's not going to be a daily flier for me, but it's definitely a great show plane at the field. It flies really pretty without much effort. It looks very different from all the other planes in the air.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
We had 6 straight days of rain, went out to the field today for maiden (soggy field). Wow, what an easy plane to hand launch, so little drama. It's a really stable and simple to fly plane. The easiest hand launch plane ever! I'd consider this a plane something a beginner could fly. I did a bunch of Cuban 8s with it, it tracks perfectly. It's not going to be a daily flier for me, but it's definitely a great show plane at the field. It flies really pretty without much effort. It looks very different from all the other planes in the air.
It really is an easy and great plane, isn’t it? How was the power/speed?

Marty72

Elite member
It really is an easy and great plane, isn’t it? How was the power/speed?
The power was great, the speed was good. I ran two 10x5.5 w/ 3536 1000 on 4s (3000) and it. I'm use to flying very fast, so it was a tad slower than my other warbirds. If I could find a set of 10x7 (opposing direction props), I think I'd get the speed I'm use to. APC doesn't have a pitch higher than 5.5 in the 10 inch drone props. I should probably look else where. Not sure it's worth the change, but I do like to play around with that stuff. With motors this size, 10x7 is my go to prop. BTW, I'm the only one that thought it was a bit slow at the field.

I like it. Really. This is the pack c ESC twin engine edition. Comes with 2 propellers and bolts. screw driver. Comes in a small box. They use this for the P-38 model. Of which I didn't buy. Instead, I chose another model of my own. Looks like a Japanese fighter bomber in 1942 Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawai'i.