FT P-40 on it's way?

DMC RC

DMC RC
I keep seeing what looks to be a Swappable-sized P-40 looking thing/plane in the background of recent FT videos? does this mean more FT Warbirds?
Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.39.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-10 at 9.36.24 PM.png

Also, I realize FT has a lot on it's hands right now but whatever happened to the version two mustangs and spitfires that were discussed last spring? I think only one V2 mustang was built, the one in the MiG 3 episode.

b-29er

I keep seeing what looks to be a Swappable-sized P-40 looking thing/plane in the background of recent FT videos? does this mean more FT Warbirds?
View attachment 112319
View attachment 112320
Also, I realize FT has a lot on it's hands right now but whatever happened to the version two mustangs and spitfires that were discussed last spring? I think only one V2 mustang was built, the one in the MiG 3 episode.

They just launched that mini Gremlin at the new store and are all in the Porco Rosso thing right now, so they'll probably get back to them eventually.

DMC RC

DMC RC
yeah, they sure have a lot going on with the airpark and the store and new releases and episodes.. Im exited for the porco rosso episode!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
DISCLAIMER: A few things to note from my perspective...
  • Nothing is set in stone in regards to the release schedule for new designs.
  • There are a lot of other pieces that need to be in place besides the plans that impact new product releases.
  • The release order/dates I am given are prone to change.
  • I do not speak on behalf of Flite Test in any official capacity.
  • If I have information that I am allowed to share, I will.
  • I can't always share everything that I know.

Now that that's out of the way...

I am working on a yet to be announced plan set that should be releasing within the next few weeks. I believe the smaller (C-Pack sized) A-10 will be the following release sometime in January/February (subject to change, see disclaimer above). Beyond that, I simply do not know.

BS projects inc.

Elite member
  • There are a lot of other pieces that need to be in place besides the plans that impact new product releases.

I am working on a yet to be announced plan set that should be releasing within the next few weeks. I believe the smaller (C-Pack sized) A-10 will be the following release sometime in January/February (subject to change, see disclaimer above). Beyond that, I simply do not know.
Is the new power pack something that is more than likely to happen? The one that would be the new largest ft power pack.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Is the new power pack something that is more than likely to happen? The one that would be the new largest ft power pack.
Standard disclaimer still applies (see above). ;)

My understanding is that when the current inventory of C-Packs is gone, it will be replaced by the new radial version of the C-Pack. I would expect that the price of the power pack will increase due to the lifetime limited warranty on the motors/ESCs.

JTarmstr

Elite member

Good to know, was just wondering if there was anything planned in the near future, i got a gift card and was debating whether I should get a B or C radial motor.

Good to know about the A10. Hope the P40 is soon after!

BS projects inc.

Elite member
Standard disclaimer still applies (see above). ;)

My understanding is that when the current inventory of C-Packs is gone, it will be replaced by the new radial version of the C-Pack. I would expect that the price of the power pack will increase due to the lifetime limited warranty on the motors/ESCs.
The question was more about the new large power pack for the thicker foam that has been teased. Thankyou for the info about the C-pack though.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The question was more about the new large power pack for the thicker foam that has been teased. Thankyou for the info about the C-pack though.

Ahh, I misread the original post. Thanks for clarifying. You are referring to the "monster" motor. Yes, as far as I know the bigger motor will get the power pack treatment too. That is still in the works along with the thicker foam.

PoorManRC

Master member
I'm excited for the A-10!!! (y)(y):cool:
I used to work on the "Big" ones back in the day..... SMOOTHEST handling Jet in the Inventory. When able, that WILL be my first EDF!!