FT P-40 on it's way?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
PoorManRC, anyone living in Tucson knows the A-10. this is the HOME of the A-10 (as you know). this is one of the big reason's i want to build a big one!

funny, i always laugh at people here when they say it is a loud plane. they obviously have never been aboard an aircraft carrier during flight ops, or any other military jet airfield. A-10's are quiet by almost all standards.

back on topic, release the P-40! we want new, BIG warbirds!

laters,

me :cool:

JTarmstr

Elite member
PoorManRC, anyone living in Tucson knows the A-10. this is the HOME of the A-10 (as you know). this is one of the big reason's i want to build a big one!

funny, i always laugh at people here when they say it is a loud plane. they obviously have never been aboard an aircraft carrier during flight ops, or any other military jet airfield. A-10's are quiet by almost all standards.

laters,

Funny thing... the S-3 viking had the same engines as the A-10... its nickname by the carrier crews was the hoover b/c it sounds like a vacuum cleaner compared to jets like the F-14 (which had monstrous engines). And coming from someone who has seen a airborne A-10 and a F-16 at the same time, you cant hear the A-10 when the F-16 is around.

PoorManRC

Master member

laters,

I REALLY want to see the P-40 done!! I'm also a lover of BIG Warbirds!!!!

..... I really laugh when I hear Snowflakes whining about Warthogs being LOUD!! :mad::mad: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's okay. I always get a chuckle out of trying to explain how a Front Line Fighter (F-16, F-15, F/A-18) have Afterburning Turbojets, and ARE Loud!
The A-10 has High-Bypass Turbofan Engines - not unlike a Boeing 737....

The GATLING GUN up front, is LOUDER than the Engines!!! :eek::LOL:

JTarmstr

Elite member
I REALLY want to see the P-40 done!! I'm also a lover of BIG Warbirds!!!!

..... I really laugh when I hear Snowflakes whining about Warthogs being LOUD!! :mad::mad::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's okay. I always get a chuckle out of trying to explain how a Front Line Fighter (F-16, F-15, F/A-18) have Afterburning Turbojets, and ARE Loud!
The A-10 has High-Bypass Turbofan Engines - not unlike a Boeing 737....

The GATLING GUN up front, is LOUDER than the Engines!!! :eek::LOL:

Yes, it is rather funny. In fact the MD 80 uses modified J52 engines (The JT8D) which power the A6 intruder and a modified version of it powers the Saab Viggen. Basically the MD 80 is louder than a A-10. I might be a tiny bit obsessed with military jets.

PoorManRC

Master member
Yes, it is rather funny. In fact the MD 80 uses modified J52 engines (The JT8D) which power the A6 intruder and a modified version of it powers the Saab Viggen. Basically the MD 80 is louder than a A-10. I might be a tiny bit obsessed with military jets.

MD80s are LOUD!!! And horribly uncomfortable! And not entirely safe....
If they really need something to WHINE about - they should Experience the older, nonretrofitted pack of EIGHT Pratt & Whitney J57s, in a B-52!!! :eek::eek:

OR..... Just TWO J58s, pushing a SR-71 Blackbird, in full Afterburner!!!!
I've been up close and personal....

JTarmstr

Elite member
MD80s are LOUD!!! And horribly uncomfortable! And not entirely safe....
If they really need something to WHINE about - they should Experience the older, nonretrofitted pack of EIGHT Pratt & Whitney J57s, in a B-52!!! :eek::eek:

OR..... Just TWO J58s, pushing a SR-71 Blackbird, in full Afterburner!!!!
I've been up close and personal....

Yes MD 80s are loud, unsafe and a joy to ride, at least for me. I hate the pitiful economic, green engines that power most modern passenger jets. I have always enjoyed my rides on them, especially when there is a good pilot flying them.

The loudest I have heard was two F-15s that decided to have fun leaving the airport and lit the afterburners, it was awesome. I think its kinda sad that its being attempted to make jets quieter so that they dont maker life around airports uncomfortable. Those people should just be thankful sonic booms are outlawed.

Ironmannc750x

To all who are looking for a P 40 with a swappable power pod. I found the plans on here and built one.
mine (2).JPG

motor 3536 kv750
2200 mah 3 cell
45 amp ESC
4- 9 gram servos
810 grams ready to fly

Last edited:

JTarmstr

Elite member
According to the Flitetest instagram the P-40 will be arriving this spring, if i were to venture a guess i would say March after the glider and A-10 have been released.

Edit: I just noticed in the A-10 picture on the instagram page there is a sheet of laser-cut plywood with the giant A-10 engine mounts on it....