FT PNP planes!

Captain Jay

Elite member
I know that FT has a greater then most profit margin on the SBK's, which kinda balances out given they give the plans away for free. As always you trade time for money or vise versa. The FB planes have garnered 1.5 million followers which is a huge representation of the RC flight community. Some within that community aren't huge on building from scratch off of free plans so if they spend the money the SBK's make it easier. The next level of growth to gain an even easier crowd, maybe more women and children, the offer for RTF PNP models makes sense. I am a loyal FT person for how they got me into the hobby, like the rest of us, but I also support the growth into this PNP side to welcome more people into the hobby if they want to spend the coin to do so. I won't be the kind to go that direction but if it means it broadens the demographic, it's got my two thumbs up.
I would agree with you. Many people have gotten into this hobby because of FT. Also, FT really cares about getting people into this hobby more than their profit margin. As long as they can keep the doors open, they will encourage all sorts to join the RC flying hobby. If that means pnp or rtf foam board planes so be it. I stand with Flight Test and hope through them more people get into this hobby. I hope more women and girls join and take up flying. For so long I felt like this was a boys club only because I never see women flying. But here, there are women and girls who like this and it's very encouraging for all of us if Flight Test can keep it up and keep bringing in newbies...
And that is my 2 cents.
Cheers all

Tontow

I got a mini adventure for my birthday. I don't see how a battery and a receiver are supposed to fit. Any ideas?
I could position the receiver behind the front brace that holds the wing on, but that might interfere with the two servos that are there. There just doesn't seem to be enough room in front of the plastic brace. Any ideas?
Try this?