FT PODCAST GUESTS!!!!

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey everyone!

I wanted to throw a feeler out there into the Forum Community and ask a very focused question! ha

WHO would YOU want to see on the FT PODCAST as a GUEST appearance??

Let us know because WE WANT TO know what you all want to hear and see, but also WHO you want to hear and see!! ha

There are so many great people out there that we would want to feature so PLEASE help us CHOOSE!!

Blessings and happy thinking!!!

Stefan

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Any of the awesome community members and former FT members would be great. NerdNic, Josh Orchard, Peter Sripol, David Windestal, would all be awesome! I'm sure everyone would be happy to see any of them return!

On the less conventional note, I would love to see Chris Wolfe (The RC Geek blog writer and Scale Masters Winner) to talk about kit building and scale stuff. He runs one of the coolest EDF companies out there with his Dad, Jet Hangar Hobbies. Would be an awesome window to showcase what can be possible with this hobby. I know its not typical for the FT audience, but would certainly be something different.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Josh Orchard, Rockyboy, Litter Bug, and Jhetsema for all the interesting projects they have going all the time and CranialRectosis, just because. He seems like he has some interesting things to put out that he doesn't necessarily share here to toss him under the bus. Then Pro people I would LOVE to see MetallDanny get his own show episode about what he does and more so about how he chooses and sets up his gear. You can have Rolf Venz on that same show as they are friends and Rolf is an absolutely hilarious dude and I think he would give Stefan a run for the money hehe.

My choices would be:

jimCR120 and Psyborg. Would be nice to put a face to names that you always see on the forum that as mentioned have been incredibly helpful.

SPONZ. I know we have seen him in the past, but he is the reason so many people find it so easy to start building and getting into the hobby.

Peter Sripol and David Windestal. They have their own channel but would be nice to see them back on Flite Test.

Thanks for the podcast Stefan. Awesome way to kick off a Friday morning commute.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
I completely agree getting people from the forum community who are doing crazy neat fun cool things are some of my favorite podcast episodes on the FT or other podcasts.

It's great how often the Flying Monkey has been on the FreeFall podcast recently, and I love the FT community and after hours podcast episodes when we get to hear from Sponz, or Asbjorn, or Ben Harber or Josh Orchard.

Yes, there are lots of 'pro' people out there who do amazing stuff, and it's great to hear from them too, but lots of them have their own media outlets to reach large audiences on a regular basis and many of us tune into them already.

And I'll be way more excited about having Andre or Carl come on and talk about flight line practices than a big company rep going into why their radio design is top notch. We hear from that company rep through their own channels all the time. Hearing from our own community helps us strengthen those long distance relationships.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks for the plug mate but I got one of them faces made specifically for radio. We want to attract people to the hobby not skeer em away.
There are a few pics of my ugly mug floating around already if you really want to test your vision. Look in the official FFE Race feed I recently posted one with my safety helmet if you need a jolt to your sanity.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Thanks for the plug mate but I got one of them faces made specifically for radio. We want to attract people to the hobby not skeer em away.
There are a few pics of my ugly mug floating around already if you really want to test your vision. Look in the official FFE Race feed I recently posted one with my safety helmet if you need a jolt to your sanity.

FFE would be a good place to do a podcast with all the Forum moderators that are able to make it!

PsyBorg, Just keep your googly eye FPV headset on and do it all in FPV... I iz gunna nominatify you too!

Cheers!
LitterBug

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Having fellow forum members would be nice to put a voice and a little more detail behind some of the helpful people we interact with every day.

As for non FT community members I would really like to see some of the Corridor Digital team on the podcast. I know at least Niko and Wren from that team are fans of FT and they have met the Rotor Riot guys in the past. I would also love to see Daniel Riley from RCTestFlight on the podcast. He is working on a solar plane project right now and has done countless unique projects in the past. I think he is in Thailand right now so it may be a while he is available.

Liam B

I think having some noobs on the podcast would make an interesting episode. Maybe ask what they have started with, give some guidance and have noobs help other noobs. Furthermore, I’d like to see (don’t take this the wrong way) young people, such as teens and kids. Maybe expand on the episode “RC with Kids”. I’m one myself, and I think that we have different experiences than others due to age, lack of funds etc. But, either way, I’d like to see different people from different or even odd parts of the hobby.

Just don’t let the kids drink Mountain Dew:p

And +1 on PsyBorg. He has a lot of great stories to tell, but I think we’d all love to see and hear him on the podcast.

Carolwright865

As somebody pretty new to the side interest but completely enjoying it, videos mads by Bruce Simpson of RC model reviews have been exceedingly useful in learning how to build, fly and tune my multicopters. Sons of Anarchy Vest

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I suggest FoamieNinja since he's a cool dude and has a got of interesting projects (his bicopters and ultralight flying wings to mention a few).
You could also get Samm Sheperd and rctestflight because their youtube channels have a lot of cool projects and informative videos.

junyper

Hi, I have another sugestion for a podcast guest.

I was on youtube and discovered the channel that goes by the name "wcolby1", and more importantly the channel features the gentleman, Ran D St Clair. This guys is great! And its turns out hes a FT fan and I do believe he is on the forums.

Ran, gives a talk about his journey in RC. link here, please watch. Especially his adventures in VTOL for over 30 years. He built a quad 30 years ago! That in itself is incredible!
He talks about his trails and tribulations, failures and success, it actually brought tears to my eyes when he shows his first successful VTOL after decades of dedications to the hope of flight and the hobby in general.

Could we please have an a podcast featuring this gentleman, I'm sure he as many of the memnbers of the community has a great story to tell.

Again, thanks for all that you do team.