FT Racer - BUILD (FT Slinger)

AndrewPoll

AndrewPoll,

Looks great! Did you use the Spitfire fuselage for this build, or did you redesign the Racer fuselage?

Hi Jaxx.

I kind of did a bit of both. I used the racer fuselage for the side pieces so the tail would fit but i used the spit design for the bottom and top pieces as well as the turtle deck so that it would all fit together, i had to change the tail piece of the turtle deck to accommodate the new tail but otherwise no real changes. I still haven't had a chance to fly it since it been raining. I just took out the hair dryer and cut the wing off to make it a removable wing. I had used a different layout for me battery and electronics to why is suggested and its difficult getting access with the fixed wing.

Michael9865

Elite member
Follow up

I only made this one. I'm interested as well, as long is it has a gentle stall then I'm happy. I have programmed some flaperons so that should help to get some slower landings. One other thing i did which i didn't take any pics of as put in some extra ribs internally on the rear side of the wing spar to get more surface area when glueing wing. I found that there was very little surface area at the glue wasn't holding very well. Hopefully ill be able to get it out tomorrow and see how it flies.

Have you been able to fly this yet? Anxious to know about the effect of the enclosed tips. Very nice looking plane. Are you planning to share your plans after some successful flights? Thank you!

bobdaone

I have been trying to download these plans for about a week and both links for the plans timeout on me. Is anyone else having this problem? Just trying to build an awesome plane want to make it look like slinger from the movie of course. but I need to get the plans first.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Last edited:

bobdaone

Thanks for the fast replies and the help. Unfortunately it confirmed what I think was happening in a way, I think my ISP(It is a university internet connection and I tried the school labs too any link from stonekap.net times out) is somehow not liking stonekap.net. I just downloaded on my phone and it worked so I did get them. But it is still a pain to not be able to use my computer to download them. oh well at least I can get them

AndrewPoll

Have you been able to fly this yet? Anxious to know about the effect of the enclosed tips. Very nice looking plane. Are you planning to share your plans after some successful flights? Thank you!

Sorry I haven't checked the forum in a while. So here is what happened. The plane only lasted one flight and the wingtips probably had an effect. The plane is quite a bit faster than the spitfire. I also think i had too much throw on my ailerons as it felt quite twitchy in the air. Fortunately i had set dual rates and on the low rates it was much better. I only had it up in the air for a few minutes before i crashed it. I tried one or two stalls and it seemed to stall kinda gently. It ended when i seemed to tip stall and the plane went nose first into concrete... I have built a new one but I have been waiting some some new parts from hobby king for the last month (shipping problems) which i should get next week. I left the undercamber on the wingtips on the new one. Will see how it flies next week.

AndrewPoll

Ya it's a little ridiculous. Put in an order on around September 3rd, it was returned to sender on September 10th. So i reordered and that order on the 10th. I was on vacation shortly after and when checked again on the 23rd of September the second order still had'nt been send due to an issues with shipping lipo's (i had one in both orders). I then canceled that order as they couldn't tell me when it would be shipped. By this point it was the 2nd of October when my account was finally credited with the canceled second order. So my now third order (without Lipo) was placed on the 2nd. It finally shipped on the 7th and will hopefully get to me this week if not early next week. So its bee over a month, 3 orders the first of which i still haven't been refunded for and i haven't received anything yet... Anyways rant over. I'll just be happy when everything arrives. Considering i had close to 10 orders with Hobby King go smoothly hopefully this was just a bud time with the lipo shipping issues. I'll let you guys know how the new plane goes when i get it up in the air next week.

T-Richard

Building my first Flite test Swappable of this style ( made the delta and nutball) This one will be the basher and the next one may be more colorful. Can't wait to fly it. 1383252_10151642086536595_867438798_n.jpg