FT Racer Maiden

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That my friend was a beautiful maiden! It is a great plane to fly and you did a great job with the coroplast. I have been thinking of getting a couple of those Racestar motors. You obviously like them I am sure. One thing I would say is you have more then enough elevator authority in that plane. It is just meant to be flown a bit faster. The elevator control surface is quite small compared to what you would be used to, so it will feel anemic somewhat. But watching your vid you had the plane just above stall speed, you could tell how it wanted to drop in the rolls. On my Racer with a little more speed it becomes a demon on rails, on low rates. A pleasure to watch bud

Homey

Elite member
That my friend was a beautiful maiden! It is a great plane to fly and you did a great job with the coroplast. I have been thinking of getting a couple of those Racestar motors. You obviously like them I am sure. One thing I would say is you have more then enough elevator authority in that plane. It is just meant to be flown a bit faster. The elevator control surface is quite small compared to what you would be used to, so it will feel anemic somewhat. But watching your vid you had the plane just above stall speed, you could tell how it wanted to drop in the rolls. On my Racer with a little more speed it becomes a demon on rails, on low rates. A pleasure to watch bud
Hey Battleaxe! Thanks so much for your kind words and advice. I'll go with your recommendation.

Best regards,

Peter

Homey

Elite member
Successful maiden equals colour. Not the best with wing tape, but getting there!

Peter
20200526_162105.jpg
20200526_162127.jpg