Admin
flitetest submitted a new resource:

FT Racer - FT Racer Free Plans

FT Racer
Design By: David Windestål
Plans By: Dan Sponholz

View attachment 122687

Description:
The Flite Test Racer is inspired by modern day air racers and has a lot of the same characteristics as the planes it was designed after. This plane is a fast, crisp, precise and locked in machine that cuts through the air like an arrow. Though the FT Racer is very quick, it also has a very wide speed envelope, it tracks very well, and would be a great...​

Read more about this resource...

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hiya, the Ripslinger bits on the plan are marked as to be cut from foam board, should that not be poster board?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
@SP0NZ
Oh one more thing - when I made the spars as per the plans the overlap in the middle doesn't work. Had to split one and swap it around to connect properly in the middle.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Great feedback, thanks. Working on the 1.2 update to fix those issues. Sorry about the spar, looking into that issue right now.

ColoFlyer

Great feedback, thanks. Working on the 1.2 update to fix those issues. Sorry about the spar, looking into that issue right now.

Hi Sponz, I was thinking of building the FT Racer, and Just wondering if the v1.2 plans were ever released, or if the v1.1 plans are still the current version.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi Sponz, I was thinking of building the FT Racer, and Just wondering if the v1.2 plans were ever released, or if the v1.1 plans are still the current version.
No, I never finished the updates for 1.2, and sadly, I lost a bunch of files with a hard drive failure in 2020, and that was one of them. It's highly unlikely that any of the classic designs will get updates or revisions going forward.

ColoFlyer

No, I never finished the updates for 1.2, and sadly, I lost a bunch of files with a hard drive failure in 2020, and that was one of them. It's highly unlikely that any of the classic designs will get updates or revisions going forward.
Thanks Sponz, Based on what Caroline said above there are only a few minor things to fix so it shouldn't be a problem.