Help! FT scout on 2200mah

arjun21122006

I am a beginner and have a 3S 2200mah with 1800kV motor from my spitfire(which I crashed in a minute) so i am building the scout so will my battery fit or I need a new one?

Aslansmonkey

A 2200mah 3s battery should find fine in the simple scout. I flew those in my original scout all the time. You won't have much room to adjust the battery position, however due to the landing gear plate and the wing simply being in the way. If it doesn't balance that way you're pretty much limited to adding weight front or back, wherever it's needed. The scout is a wonderful plane, it's one weekness being the lack of ability to adjust CG my moving the battery much.

Luckily, the scout also works well with modifications. I flew the crap out of my first scout and it bore many scars from my learning period. When I finally retired it I wanted a new one so I made another, but I lowered the wing and move the landing gear out on the wings. I also eliminated the scalloped trailing edges and gave the wing tips a more rounded appearance. My modifications didn't seem to affect the flight characteristics at all, and also opened up the space inside to move the battery more for balancing.

I still have that second scout but I'm about to embark on building a third, which will be more heavily modified to resemble an SE5a biplane.

Attachments

• Scout.jpg
    Scout.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • CubScout_1.jpg
    CubScout_1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0