FT Scout > Power Pack C ?

dennismiller55

Power Pack B (comes with 9 x 4.5 Prop) is recommended in the Scout Build video and article. I have a Power Pack C (comes with 10 x 4.5 Prop) from a previous build. Can I use Power Pack C without any problems? Do I need to change the Prop size?

Thanks for your comments.

whackflyer

Master member
Power Pack B (comes with 9 x 4.5 Prop) is recommended in the Scout Build video and article. I have a Power Pack C (comes with 10 x 4.5 Prop) from a previous build. Can I use Power Pack C without any problems? Do I need to change the Prop size?

Will work perfectly! It will be a bit heavier than the B pack but the scout will handle the weight fine.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

I flew mine off the C pack and 10 inch props before without any problems.

Intashu

Elite member
Been flying a scout with a C pack motor on 10x5 props for most of the summer, it really wakes up the scout and makes it a good all around performer. One of the best planes in our hanger.

Vishal Dhayalan

I'm planning to build a simple scout but I only have the Emax power pack C (with the Emax Grand Turbo GT2215/09 motor). Would this fit on the scout's seemingly smaller firewall or do I need to make any modifications? Also, I imagine the heavier motor with the 2250mAh 3S LiPo would make it very nose heavy, do I need to modify the plans to account for this? (I'm a beginner and don't have much experience modifying plans so any help is appreciated). Thank you.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I'm planning to build a simple scout but I only have the Emax power pack C (with the Emax Grand Turbo GT2215/09 motor). Would this fit on the scout's seemingly smaller firewall or do I need to make any modifications? Also, I imagine the heavier motor with the 2250mAh 3S LiPo would make it very nose heavy, do I need to modify the plans to account for this? (I'm a beginner and don't have much experience modifying plans so any help is appreciated). Thank you.
i think it will be fine just move the battery back towards the cg

Kiax

It has been my experience that a battery bigger than a 1300mah will not fit. The landing gear tab will get in the way. Unless uou take out the gear of course.