Ft Sea Angel group build!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey all! I got a sea angel sbk and decided to start a group build on it. With winter here, I need a plane to fly off the snow, and for those without snow, you could build it for flying off the water. I already have one forum member who is going to joint me, and that is @mach1 rc . I got some good tips from @speedbirdted for my build, one being using two servos for the elevator so you don’t overload the one servo. Thanks for reading and let’s get building!

Last edited:

mach1 rc

Master member
Hey all! I got a sea angel sbk and decided to start a group build on it. With winter here, I need a plane to fly off the snow, and for those without snow, you could build it for flying off the water. I already have one forum member who is going to joint me, and that is @mach1 rc . I got some good tips from @speedbirdted for my build, one being using two servos for the elevator so you don’t overload the one servo. Thanks for reading and let’s get building!
Great now I can start building it.

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I would join but I'm suffering from project overload at the moment. Looking forward to seeing these though! I had for some reason an idea when I retired my sea angel to build a better one more optimized for aerobatic flying (or just design a whole new plane - I've never seen a good aerobatic seaplane before (floatplanes discounted) and can't see any reason why not to change that)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I would join but I'm suffering from project overload at the moment. Looking forward to seeing these though! I had for some reason an idea when I retired my sea angel to build a better one more optimized for aerobatic flying (or just design a whole new plane - I've never seen a good aerobatic seaplane before (floatplanes discounted) and can't see any reason why not to change that)
I worries! I have a ton of projects too, but once the nano goblin gets off the bench and into the air, the sea angel will be the next bird to build. That should be soon. A 3D sea plane would be really cool - if you ever get to it feel free to post the progress here!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Too low down the list. I'm not flying off of water or snow. I've got a Mini Corsair cut out that's just screaming to be built. Then I discovered @localfiend's Mitsubishi Zero. I want that! I'm seriously torn between the Corsair and the Zero. One is already cut out, the other I really want.

I'm afraid that one of those will be my next build. The other, the build after.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Too low down the list. I'm not flying off of water or snow. I've got a Mini Corsair cut out that's just screaming to be built. Then I discovered @localfiend's Mitsubishi Zero. I want that! I'm seriously torn between the Corsair and the Zero. One is already cut out, the other I really want.

I'm afraid that one of those will be my next build. The other, the build after.
Sounds like a great plan - this will be fun. A 4s mini mustang is my next undertaking. The parts are coming😁

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This speed build kit is pretty complete! It includes really everything you need - even the prop! The $50 price tag is a more than even the sea duck but to be fair, this takes them 4 and a half sheets of foam board to cut out🤣 I need to replace the gears on one of my stripped servos but apart from that I’ll be all set for electronics. I’m excited to get started on this build!
95109314-46F7-45B8-AA85-5F208FFF9488.jpeg
652F53CB-E50E-4B91-B830-EA9FF536AFC3.jpeg