FT Sea Duck

cyberdob43

I'm building FT Sea Duck. I'm following instructions on youtube. How do I get the motors to spin.
I have following instructions from FT Graupner MZ-12 tutorial but it does not work yet.
Any help would be appreciated.

cyberdob43

Thank you for your fast reply. I'm using EMAX Duel Motors Grand Turb GT-2215/09. Using two ESCs EMAX BLHELI 30A.
TRANSMISSION Graupner MZ-12. Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU

Chuppster

I am not up to speed on BLHeli, but I do know that it typically uses a different communication protocol than PWM, which I'd imagine is what your Graupner is putting out. BLHeli is a faster communication protocol typically used in QuadCopters. I think you need a special flight controller to run them (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Ray K

Ray K
I use the BLHelis in 3 of my models, as well as the MZ-12 and GR-16 receivers. All work perfectly. Did you by chance program a throttle cut-off per the videos? I do, and always on Switch 1 per the videos. If you forget or accidentally flip that switch, the motors will not run. I did that on my HK Skylane the other day until I remembered the switch. BTW, I'm a total noob in r/c.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I am not up to speed on BLHeli, but I do know that it typically uses a different communication protocol than PWM, which I'd imagine is what your Graupner is putting out. BLHeli is a faster communication protocol typically used in QuadCopters. I think you need a special flight controller to run them (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

BLHeli is a firmware that runs on ESC's, not a protocol in itself. All BLHeli ESC's can accept PWM input.