FT Simple Cub EDF version

Hineybadger

Converted my Simple Cub to a EDF. Used the 50mm EDF that was in my F-86 that was crashed on Sunday. Mounted it in the fuselage with the thrust tube coming out the rear bottom tail section.
Used a 3s battery with a 40a/ESC. Flew very stable but was definitely underpowered. Enjoy the video.

Hineybadger

Great flying plane, I'd like to see what it would do on 4S.
Put a 4s 2200mah in it today and boy what a difference. Full throttle at takeoff and it went vertical on me. It then did a back flip at about 25-30ft and pulled out level (after throttle reduction) and kept going. And the thrust blast from the dirt and lose gravel on takeoff was SPECTACULAR! I’ll shoot a video and post it soon.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Converted my Simple Cub to a EDF. Used the 50mm EDF that was in my F-86 that was crashed on Sunday. Mounted it in the fuselage with the thrust tube coming out the rear bottom tail section.
Used a 3s battery with a 40a/ESC. Flew very stable but was definitely underpowered. Enjoy the video.

I'm building a 150% Combat Cub right now. Maybe I'll swap the prop out for a nice 90mm edf and see how that works! :cool:

This has got to be the coolest thing I've seen on the forums yet. An edf simple cub! Love your idea!

Hineybadger

I'm building a 150% Combat Cub right now. Maybe I'll swap the prop out for a nice 90mm edf and see how that works! :cool:

This has got to be the coolest thing I've seen on the forums yet. An edf simple cub! Love your idea!

Thanks for the props. My girlfriend and I are going to shoot another video today with the 4s 2200mah battery. I'll post after it's complete.

Look forward to your Combat Cub Build with an EDF installed :).....