FT simple cub for my dad

Samh

Elite member
I built a FT simple cub and love it. My dad saw me flying and now wants one. I have had no problems with fine. I got all of the necessary electronics including a Lemon RX with sat. I am no stranger to the hobby. Since the holiday season is now, i am building one for him with custom seperate flaps. Mine us built with counter balances, and I think it flys better with them. I fly it with a 1300 in the nose, almost sticking out the front. Are there any tips/tricks, the cub community could give me? PS, mine is built with absolutely no dihedral at all, and it doesnt care what so ever. It also tumbles strangly good.

Keno

The only suggestion I have is I would leave some of the dihedral in but not sure what "counter balance" is, not heard of this before but we may call it something else. Maybe you could enlighten me on this. Thanks happy flying.

Gazoo

I built a FT simple cub and love it. My dad saw me flying and now wants one. I have had no problems with fine. I got all of the necessary electronics including a Lemon RX with sat. I am no stranger to the hobby. Since the holiday season is now, i am building one for him with custom seperate flaps. Mine us built with counter balances, and I think it flys better with them. I fly it with a 1300 in the nose, almost sticking out the front. Are there any tips/tricks, the cub community could give me? PS, mine is built with absolutely no dihedral at all, and it doesnt care what so ever. It also tumbles strangly good.
Watch the trailing edge of the wing where the rubber bands attach. Both of mine were very weak and needed reinforcement.

Samh

Elite member
The only suggestion I have is I would leave some of the dihedral in but not sure what "counter balance" is, not heard of this before but we may call it something else. Maybe you could enlighten me on this. Thanks happy flying.
On the simple cub, the elevator hinge is just a staight line. I stoped that line an inch short on each side. Than took thr line straight forward. I did this on the rudder as well. Did i forgot to mention i am a 14 year-old who only scratch builds.

Attachments

• 15453638608541098103796.jpg
    15453638608541098103796.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 1545363880779561668557.jpg
    1545363880779561668557.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Keno

On the simple cub, the elevator hinge is just a staight line. I stoped that line an inch short on each side. Than took thr line straight forward. I did this on the rudder as well. Did i forgot to mention i am a 14 year-old who only scratch builds.
Your going great and I tried to build a speed build kit yesterday and it turned into templates, I can't leave cutting them out and building. As you speak of as being 14, I am on the other end of the age scale. Fly happy and, I am impressed with your avatar, heli its beautiful.

OliverW

Legendary member
This is interesting, Squirrel Tail? You guys are Ok in my book. By the way I took a close look at that Heli and I have a friend that built one just like it his name is Karl Hewlett, Moses Lake, WA
I was just joking around with him. The guy who built the heli is out from Florence Oregon I think.

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Another your age here!

Samh

Elite member
Your going great and I tried to build a speed build kit yesterday and it turned into templates, I can't leave cutting them out and building. As you speak of as being 14, I am on the other end of the age scale. Fly happy and, I am impressed with your avatar, heli its beautiful.
Thanks i guess. It was just a random photo on my phone from the flight event our club was hosting