Ft Smoothie (simple cub, tiny trainer twin boom blend)

duckduckgoose

Finished. I added some wheels to the tail to give the prop some clearance on take off. They can be adjusted to increase pitch to make take off easier or removed if they affect the flight negatively. I also added some ply strips to the nose for added durability (the ground here is covered in clumps of tough grass). I'd say the overall look is.... Unique, but if it flies like a swan, then I don't mind an ugly duckling.
IMG_20190731_212125.jpg
IMG_20190731_212112.jpg
IMG_20190731_212052.jpg

duckduckgoose

Well As it turns out it flew ok but it only flew once. Didn't have enough elevator on landing and it rolled over and planted on my final approach. Funnily, I wasn't really even annoyed that this didn't work, it's had a good run, now it's time for something new. Perhaps a 160% tiny trainer
IMG_20190801_124147.jpg
IMG_20190801_134210.jpg

duckduckgoose

Complete. AUW about 1kg (with batteries and fpv cam (not in pic) going for maiden tomorrow. Using a SS 2216 1250kv motor with a 9x4.5 prop
IMG_20190907_183018-01.jpeg

Last edited:

duckduckgoose

Update: smoothie is still flying well, now with a vector installed, it is a breeze. I managed 1800 ft in this clip, but could go much higher if I had a larger battery (using an 1800 mAh 4s)

duckduckgoose

So after a long rest on the shelf, I decided to try flying this plane as a LOS plane (I have only used it with an fpv rig and/or a vector fc. I took all that off, and turned it's throws up to full. Wow this thing still has it. after a minor scare with the wing join cracking open, it is now a great plane to fly for fun handling rolls, loops and inverted flight with ease. Even managed to chase a few kite hawks around!