FT Spear build.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Mine definitely rocks gently on the yaw axis, but it can be ignored for LOS flying. The body of the plane follows a straight path and can be handled as such.
However I haven't put a camera on it yet, and for what was billed as an FPV wing, it might be really annoying.

I've read that yaw rock is an inherent flying wing problem though, so it's going to be interesting to try this big wing I'm building which has only the angled inner stabs.
See and that's just it, if I would have done one or the other it probably would have been fine. Some that I saw said that the inner ones were more stable then the outer ones. I don't remember why I decided to do both, probably thought more was better.

I have been following your 80" wing, I am interested in it for the onboard cam/FPV idea. I am anticipating the maiden for sure

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Omg that goblin is epic. So much information it is so appreciated
I want to build a 130 goblin now what power plant did you use.
It's a Rimfire 3536 0.15 1200kv running behind a 40 amp 5V/5amp ESC on a 9x6 prop with a 5450mah 3s. You could run 2 2200mah 3s in parallel as well. You definitely need the weight to get it to balance but it is so worth it. It was super stable even below stall, actually that's how I landed it, full back on both sticks and it just floated to the ground. I would like to build another one, that's how much fun I had with it

Tdugar

It's a Rimfire 3536 0.15 1200kv running behind a 40 amp 5V/5amp ESC on a 9x6 prop with a 5450mah 3s. You could run 2 2200mah 3s in parallel as well. You definitely need the weight to get it to balance but it is so worth it. It was super stable even below stall, actually that's how I landed it, full back on both sticks and it just floated to the ground. I would like to build another one, that's how much fun I had with it
I think I'm gonna build one. You've inspired me big time

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
No I haven't
When you down load the plans, do you do the tiled ones?

I use the full size plans and use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF and tile them there. In Adobe is where you can change the size of the plans either upscale or downscale. Actually even if the plane will be the original size I still use the full size plans and let Adobe tile them for me, tends to be more accurate on the cut marks

Tdugar

When you down load the plans, do you do the tiled ones?

I use the full size plans and use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF and tile them there. In Adobe is where you can change the size of the plans either upscale or downscale. Actually even if the plane will be the original size I still use the full size plans and let Adobe tile them for me, tends to be more accurate on the cut marks
I will try that method. I always did tiled

Tdugar

I've got planes just hanging around
1578629905592140511836376390051.jpg

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Sooo, you guys have inspired me! I’m goin to do a twin spear for the build-ruary challenge! Ft made one a while back, and I think it would be a cool project! So starting on March 1!