Help! FT Spear Elevon not functioning

MEBF109

I recently purchased the FT Spear -a pusher configuration wing-, and for some reason, I have not been able to make the elevons work. My remote, a Spektrum DX6 should be able to handle wings, and I have tried 2 different receivers, both also made by Spektrum. However, both times, my elevator functions properly, but my aileron is reacting in the opposite way to how it should. I tried both elevon configurations that my remote offers as well as all of the other wing types. I also tried flipping the channels on my remote as well as the leads on the receiver, but I have not been able to function it properly. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is happening, and what component is making this happen so that I could try to fix it?
Thanks!

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
There should always be a combination of channel reverses and servo lead reverses that get both the elevator and aileron behaviors working correctly. In fact, I know Josh covers what to try in at least one of the wing construction videos.

JasonK

some combination of the following is what you need:
  • Swapped/not Swapped servo leads
  • Reversed/not Reversed left Elevon
  • Reversed/not Reversed right Elevon
So there is 8 different combinations of those 3 things to test.

MEBF109

some combination of the following is what you need:
  • Swapped/not Swapped servo leads
  • Reversed/not Reversed left Elevon
  • Reversed/not Reversed right Elevon
So there are 8 different combinations of those 3 things to test.
Thanks for that, but I already tried that multiple times, so that is why I am so confused as to what is wrong. Could it be a problem in my remote?

JasonK

if you actually tried all 8 combinations, you would have found one that works. (I have spectrum and have setup multiple wings fine).

I doubt there is any problem in your TX.. if there was, you would need to contact the manufacturer for support.