FT Spitfire 3D print files.

Brian B

Elite member
Anyone interested in a STL file for the FT Spitfire cowl, canopy, and turtleback? Can I share those files directly on this forum, on only direct to members? 0.047" thick, it adds weight over the cardboard paper, but fairs in nicely, and can be popped on/off for access.

Attachments

• 20210328_195707.jpg
    20210328_195707.jpg
    884 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210328_195759.jpg
    20210328_195759.jpg
    968.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210328_195903.jpg
    20210328_195903.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210328_195839.jpg
    20210328_195839.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20210328_195903.jpg
    20210328_195903.jpg
    887.6 KB · Views: 0

boogieloo

Do they give out free plans for the Spitfire? I know I'll have to cut it. I saw a video done on it. They connect the dotted lines then trace the hard lines. But this takes awhile. I would assume more than 1 day getting things straighten out first, then cutting or drawing.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Do they give out free plans for the Spitfire? I know I'll have to cut it. I saw a video done on it. They connect the dotted lines then trace the hard lines. But this takes awhile. I would assume more than 1 day getting things straighten out first, then cutting or drawing.
Yes. Anytime you are looking for plans, you should check out Sponz’ index of plans: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/sp0nz-plans-index.17136/

Here is the FT Spitfire: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-spitfire.55/

Here is the FT Master Series Spitfire (not recommended for novice builders): https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-spitfire-master-series.122/

jpot1

Elite member
Anyone interested in a STL file for the FT Spitfire cowl, canopy, and turtleback? Can I share those files directly on this forum, on only direct to members? 0.047" thick, it adds weight over the cardboard paper, but fairs in nicely, and can be popped on/off for access.
Can you share these please?

Brian B

Elite member
Will these do? They stand up side my side in our makerbot. I could not attach a file with the STL extension, so you'll need to rename these TXT files as STLs.

Attachments

• 3d print Spitfire Turtleback.txt
    158.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3d print Spitfire Cockpit.txt
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Flyingshark

Master member
Will these do? They stand up side my side in our makerbot. I could not attach a file with the STL extension, so you'll need to rename these TXT files as STLs.
I couldn't open either file after downloading and renaming them back to .STL. Cura seemed to think it was corrupted. You might be able to compress the STLs into a .ZIP, and attach that...

Brian B

Elite member
I'll try. Not familiar with Cura. Is that a slicing program? Any other export 3D filetype? Not familiar with uploading anything other that PDFs and Jpegs to forum.

Tc Concepts

I'll try. Not familiar with Cura. Is that a slicing program? Any other export 3D filetype? Not familiar with uploading anything other that PDFs and Jpegs to forum.

Still cant open them. Can ya just send them each as an STL.

Thank you for sharing

Brian B

Elite member
Stl #2 sent.
Hum, wonder why it didn't accept my stl before? Maybe only one at a time. Hope these work for you.

Attachments

• 3d print Spitfire Cockpit.stl
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Tc Concepts

Stl #2 sent.
Hum, wonder why it didn't accept my stl before? Maybe only one at a time. Hope these work for you.

I see know why it wont open the part exceeds my build platform size.
I have a 14'' X 14'' X 12'' build platform. How big is your platform?

Brian B

Elite member
18" tall. Yeah, that will do it. Can you edit in a splice? Maybe I can make a 3-part tip for you?

tomlogan1

Elite member
These look great in the picture, but when I downloaded them neither Cura or Prusa Slicer could open them. If you still have the files please let me know what slicer you use or what design software you used and perhaps I can convert them.

Thanks.

Brian B

Elite member
I forgot all about these files. Since then I've obtained an Ender and now use Cura, so I'll rework the files to allow for shortened components that hopefully notch together. I'm still learning.

I've often considered making another FT Spit, maybe now is the time!
20210409_114312.jpg

Brian B

Elite member
It's in three parts, a little over 9" each, that notch together. Turtleback, cockpit, and top cowl. I had a technical issue with the middle part I was printing, so couldn't finish all test prints yet. I'll upload tomorrow morning (forgot my USB stick at work).
20230808_225746.jpg