FT Spitfire Canopy

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Enos,
Thanks for posting the additional pictures, I like it as well. I'm going to try covering the overlaping areas with the black tape.

Enos

Thanks guys

Design is great, just fat fingers and implementation affected the final product ;)

As you suggest Jaxx I thought about adding a tape line to hide the middle join but decided to stick as close to real spit bubble canopy as possible. It's only noticable close up

That spitfire is actually an 80% size one i made with 3mm foam. I have a full size one to make a canopy for as well so I'll try out trimming the overlap on that one and see how I go

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks guys

Design is great, just fat fingers and implementation affected the final product ;)

As you suggest Jaxx I thought about adding a tape line to hide the middle join but decided to stick as close to real spit bubble canopy as possible. It's only noticable close up 0

That spitfire is actually an 80% size one i made with 3mm foam. I have a full size one to make a canopy for as well so I'll try out trimming the overlap on that one and see how I go

I'm trying to find a local store that sells the plastic, so I can try this.

Enos

Hey guys

Making another one of these using the clear plastic for my full size spit and modded the plans slightly to remove the overlap. Need about 5mm from edge to get right curve (see dodgey paint revision of original plans below)

Spitfire Canopy added cut.jpg

Flynn

Nice Enos! I've been a busy boy with a couple other things. It's gunna be a busy winter. Looks good!