FT Spitfire videos

Wes Vasher

I shot a lot of keychain footage of my newly built FT Spitfire. Here's a shot looking back. Sorry for the battery beeper.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
That's awesome! <cough, cough> ...balance that prop!.... <cough> Great video though! I like to shoot out the back of my combat delta when the birds are out following it. You can't see any of the plane when I do that, like on yours. I think having the plane in the shot makes a difference. The problem with the delta is, it's so flat, too much of the plane ends up in the frame.

Managed to kill my keychain camera today by sending 12v to it instead of 5v. Battery was crapping out on me a few minutes into flights, so I had ordered an new battery for it. I got tired of waiting on the battery to arrive so decided on hooking into the balance port and missed the second cell hole and plugged in to the 3rd cell lead..."wow, that LED is bright. Why is it so hot? OH CRAP!!"
So...don't do that. I now have a "spare" battery coming for the extra camera I had ordered when I ordered the new battery a few days ago.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Managed to kill my keychain camera today by sending 12v to it instead of 5v. Battery was crapping out on me a few minutes into flights, so I had ordered an new battery for it. I got tired of waiting on the battery to arrive so decided on hooking into the balance port and missed the second cell hole and plugged in to the 3rd cell lead

Might want to pick up a balance lead splitter to sacrifice . . . you know, to make the connection fool resistant.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Might want to pick up a balance lead splitter to sacrifice . . . you know, to make the connection fool resistant.
I know better, or thought I did. I have extra balance leads on hand but just wanted a quick fix, (I had a new battery on the way) so grabbed the tap I built for the VTx and the keychains usb and simply paid no attention about voltage altogether. Quick and dirty instantly turned into hot and dead...and completely avoidable. :(

Johan

That's awesome! <cough, cough> ...balance that prop!.... <cough>
Xuzme720 is right: awesome footage, but it will benefit if you balance the prop and eliminate the rollin' roliin' rollin' (shutter)
rawhide!
Otherwise: colors are great and exposure as well

Last edited: