FT Spitfire with floats

ThatPolishHotdog

This will be a twist on a Flite Test classic. Out of the twelve Spits I've built, none of them have had the ability to fly off of water or snow. With winter approaching, what better plane to make than a spitfire with that capability. As far as I know, this is also the first time someone would have documented this modification. With the help of @GKJNT562, I've got some plans for some custom scaled plans for floats that are hopefully scaled correctly to the fuselage length.

The goal is a version replicating the converted Mk. V to Mk. IX prototype that actually works.

1643791075264.png

Should this endeavor work, finalized plans for the floats and a full build process will be posted. Building should start this weekend!

stansmore

This sounds very cool! FYI, The FT plans for floats can be found under "HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR FT SIMPLE CUB" on the main page of the website where they have all the build plans.

Please post pics of how it turns out!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
This will be a twist on a Flite Test classic. Out of the twelve Spits I've built, none of them have had the ability to fly off of water or snow. With winter approaching, what better plane to make than a spitfire with that capability. As far as I know, this is also the first time someone would have documented this modification. With the help of @GKJNT562, I've got some plans for some custom scaled plans for floats that are hopefully scaled correctly to the fuselage length.

The goal is a version replicating the converted Mk. V to Mk. IX prototype that actually works.

View attachment 217703

Should this endeavor work, finalized plans for the floats and a full build process will be posted. Building should start this weekend!
any progress?