FT Stencils

MrGravey

I just finished making a stencil for my air brush and the process for home made stencils is often a bit of a challenge. Even more so if you want a nice, thick, reusable stencil. There are a lot of stencils you can buy for air brushes out there but not much that really looks good on an air plane. Flames and skulls are over done and barb wire has no place in the sky.

Then I watched the build video for the new Knuckle stuff and that brought to mind the FT Essentials line. Please consider laser cutting some nice stencils to sell in the store. If they were cut from something like the film used in x-rays they could be reused and that material can't be too expensive. I'm sure the laser cutter can get this done too, so you don't need new tools, and it would make painting our swappables just a little easier and a lot neater.

Basic shapes, the FT logo, maybe even work with the people at Lazertoys and make a stencil for "THE BEEF" the options are limitless. Oh, and don't forget, different sizes matter.

The best part is once your air frame is Minwaxed you can just spray low tack adhesive on the back of the stencil (3M makes an adhesive like this I love for these things) stick the stencil to the model, maybe even tape down the edges and paint away. The Minwax does a lot to stop the paper from getting ruined when removing the tape and such.

Naturally these would work great with spray paint for those that don't have an air brush.

Just a thought, I'm a buyer if you do make them though :D .

tyoho

I just finished making a stencil for my air brush and the process for home made stencils is often a bit of a challenge. Even more so if you want a nice, thick, reusable stencil. There are a lot of stencils you can buy for air brushes out there but not much that really looks good on an air plane. Flames and skulls are over .

Check out the latest posts on the "Ask Chad" thread. Great minds think alike.